Collapse
No announcement yet.

RUMOR: Showtime Lost $30 Billion From Illegal Mayweather/McGregor Streaming

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good. Free to air and make money off ad revenue and you'd still be in the green, let alone cutting prices on these PPV events. PPV is what made boxing less popular, ABC NBC USA Network ITV BBC right in your living room great fights for free made boxers household names.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
      Good. Free to air and make money off ad revenue and you'd still be in the green, let alone cutting prices on these PPV events. PPV is what made boxing less popular, ABC NBC USA Network ITV BBC right in your living room great fights for free made boxers household names.
      The fighters earn too much today free to air cannot afford it, if it was viable they be doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
        30 Billion would require 300 Million PPV buys. I guess Showtime expected every individual in the United States to buy it LOL
        I'd imagine Showtime get some cut in all of the worldwide distribution too.

That said $30 billion is ridiculous and can't be accurate.

$300m i could believe.

Comment

Either it's a typo or some ppl don't know what a billion is LoL.

Comment

I think you meant Million.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
              Billion with a B? Bulllllcrapppp
              If they lost 30 BILLION to illegal streams than they missed out on 300 MILLION PPV buys.

Considering the current record is like ~4.5 million PPV buys. I highly doubt they were going to come in at 300 Million buys lol

The article is, at worst, 30 million...in which case Showtime (and Floyd's children) missed out on 300k PPV buys. Still a huge figure and is actually possible considering all of the streams

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                  The fighters earn too much today free to air cannot afford it, if it was viable they be doing it.
                  Loma and Rigo about to fight on ESPN. That's a PPV fight without a doubt and it's going to essentially be free. Hoping we get more like that.

Even though Pac is over-the-hill he still is a notable name and he was on the first ESPN card so they building it right.

Wouldn't be surprised if a trend develops fighting on ESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                    30 Billion would require 300 Million PPV buys. I guess Showtime expected every individual in the United States to buy it LOL
                    not to mention that Showtime's distribution fee was probably only somewhere between 5% and 7% of the total buys. The other 93-95% would have went to the cable companies, Floyd, and Connor.

Comment

These numbers arent from showtime, theyre from some random dudes youtube chanel, (maybe OP who is promoting it) who cant math worth chit

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                      not to mention that Showtime's distribution fee was probably only somewhere between 5% and 7% of the total buys. The other 93-95% would have went to the cable companies, Floyd, and Connor.

lol, then being generous and saying that Showtime directly gets 10% of each PPV sale, for them to lose $30 billion, they would be saying they lost 3 billion sales of the PPV at $100.

Comment

Working...
                      X