Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strategy wise- What Did Crawford do technically, to beat Postol?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Son Of Fraud View Post
    In my opinion, what he did was wait...

He time wasted to a good degree he run on the outside waiting for Postol to get wreckless and he took advantage of that, Postol was trying to be the aggressor which he very clearly shouldn't have done!
    Postol could have easily played possum and just not chase after him but I guess the people paying for the fight really should be thanking Mr.Postol for not doing that because the fight would have been 10x more boring.

Postol performance on the night wasn't something that impressed me that much but then again I wasn't impressed by Crawford either I thought it was a very bad display of a PPV event.
    You are right... But it's pathetic that Postol is so limited that he can't shift a few angles on the way in (with upperbody movement) , can't slip to the right or left and shoot a spear jab, can't get inside plant a hand a go to the body. Just following Crawford throwing the same straight out flicking jab he always does.

Reminded me of Lara-Trout

Comment

1. Used lateral movement to take away Postol's reach advantage by creating angles

2. The constant moving also did not allow Postol to set his feet to throw his shots

3. Forced Postol to over-commit and put himself in range for short counter shots.

4. He negated Postol's jab by throwing quick right hooks over top

5. Turned southpaw to create more opportunities for the straight left hand upstairs and downstairs

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Moving but not running

Used lateral movement and popped Postol on the angles

Was relaxed early and jabbed and straights to the body to slow Postol

Timed him after a few rounds and proceeded to carve him up

Counters made Postol gun shy, and while he was the aggressor coming forward, he never let his hands go after eating crawford's counters..

Masterclass performance by crawford
        Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
        1. Used lateral movement to take away Postol's reach advantage by creating angles

2. The constant moving also did not allow Postol to set his feet to throw his shots

3. Forced Postol to over-commit and put himself in range for short counter shots.

4. He negated Postol's jab by throwing quick right hooks over top

5. Turned southpaw to create more opportunities for the straight left hand upstairs and downstairs
        I agree with both.

Comment

Crawford punched postol in the face lots....that's how he won

Comment

He danced and pot shotted the living **** out of him, to the point where he frustrated, and broke him down. Then he acted like he was there trying to engage in an actual fight in the last two rounds. Which he didn't rounds 1-10.

But,as I fully expected and said repeatedly, Crawford would beat and embarrass Postol, which he did. The only thing I got wrong was I thought Crawford would stop him, which he didn't.

Comment

Postol looked like the guy who slams the controller when he loses in street fighter, that's how frustrated he was by the movement.

Comment

Working...
              X