Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scott Quigg Vs Carl Frampton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quigg getting put on his arse from years ago will have no bearing in this fight.QUIGG IS NOT THAT SAME FIGHTER!!!

Comment

All this talk from Team Frampton about Quigg being a paper champion annoys me as well. Ok, Carl won his belt in the ring, but he's just as much of a paper champion as Quigg is.

Rigo is the #1 fighter in the division, not Frampton.

Comment

We're playing percentages in terms of the actual difference that could make come fight night. But if it develops into a war, do you think the man who hasn't started to drain at his will in the build up also holds a slight edge, however marginal?[/QUOTE]

If I am honest, I struggle with this fight.. Carl has the natural skill factor in the pocket, And Quigg is naturally driven. This fight can go either way, And might go down to who is mentally the stronger of the two.

So it might be a valid point with regard to a slight mental edge for Quigg.

But then again the skill set might give Carl the edge..

Questions question questions questions- They will be answered shortly

Comment

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
          I think frampton has to many tools in his bag....good movement.punch variation has decent power and I believe he can stop quigg late...quigg is very basic one gear fighter in my eyes and although he stopped kilo Martinez I do believe frampton finished him more clinically...it's a good match up and should be really competitive but I believe frampton has little bit more natural talent....and I like a frampton as well...quigg I think has been a little disrespectful IMO ....frampton by 10 rounds...

WAR UK
          I'd pretty much concur. For me, in the first three/four rounds Frampton should be looking to gain a level of composure, control the distance, work off various types of jab, start to get the timing of Quigg and then be looking to land counters when Quigg's pressing the issue.

Rounds four to eight, I think he capitalises on the effect of landing left hook counters when Quiggs coming in and starts to set up his own right hands by touching Quigg with the left. I see his plan being to steadily break Quigg down at this juncture. Like I've mentioned before, I can see Scott touching the canvas at this point after Carl stepping through with a stiff left whilst Quigg is square on.

Depending on how successful he's been at that I can see him pressing the issue rounds eight to ten and looking for a stoppage. By this point I envision Quigg being behind on points and taking chances that'll leave him vulnerable. If the stoppage hasn't come by the tenth, I see Framton boxing clever for the final two rounds and being content with a points win. I'll go with Frampton in the ninth though.

Like you say though this is a quality fight, so I wouldn't be shocked by anything happening. This is one of those where it's good to be a boxing fan!

Comment

Originally posted by typeone View Post
            We're playing percentages in terms of the actual difference that could make come fight night. But if it develops into a war, do you think the man who hasn't started to drain at his will in the build up also holds a slight edge, however marginal?
            If I am honest, I struggle with this fight.. Carl has the natural skill factor in the pocket, And Quigg is naturally driven. This fight can go either way, And might go down to who is mentally the stronger of the two.

So it might be a valid point with regard to a slight mental edge for Quigg.

But then again the skill set might give Carl the edge..

Questions question questions questions- They will be answered shortly [/QUOTE]

Like I've mentioned above, I'm going with Frampton to stop Quigg late if he can implement the kind of game plan that I envision him going in with. The beauty of this fight is that you could make a case for Quigg looking to steam roll Frampton and catching him cold within four if he senses that Carl isn't on point from the off.

It may well just go down to a Frampton points win and that's the safe bet. The fact that we can all discuss this one and envision different outcomes each time is pretty refreshing though considering the bulk of mismatches and build up fights we all have to sit through.

Comment

50/50 fight IMO.

I have warmed up to Quigg a lot lately, he seems quite unaffected by the hype.

I rate Frampton, but he does come with much more hype and PR behind him.

Both fighters resumes are pretty much the same as well.

For me, Quigg's 'thinking brain' could be the edge he needs for victory.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                50/50 fight IMO.

I have warmed up to Quigg a lot lately, he seems quite unaffected by the hype.

I rate Frampton, but he does come with much more hype and PR behind him.

Both fighters resumes are pretty much the same as well.

For me, Quigg's 'thinking brain' could be the edge he needs for victory.
                I get what you are saying in a boxing sense.... but that statement still makes me chuckle

Comment

50/50 fight right here Someone's getting KTFO!

Comment

Originally posted by BOXEO _ View Post
                    50/50 fight right here Someone's getting KTFO!
                    Damn right bro!

This could potentially be a FOTY candidate. Someone's 0 gotta go!!

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
                      Damn right bro!

This could potentially be a FOTY candidate. Someone's 0 gotta go!!

Yup, the way Quigg destroyed Martinez was pretty impressive. Before that I would've picked Frampton to win all day but that's a tall order now.

Frampton didn't look too hot his last time out either.

I'm going with Quigg and his thinking brain in this one

Comment

Working...
                      X