No announcement yet.

Should GBP make Maidana vs. Khan II?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should GBP make Maidana vs. Khan II?

Maidana recently said he wants Khan in April. Neither guy has a fight.

Maidana was well on his way to winning back in 2010 & joe Cortez was screwing this fight up. This fight is justified

Khan wants a rematch with a guy who flat out beat his (Garcia) but won't give a guy who he beat in a very close fight a rematch.

I wouldnt mind seeing Garcia vs Khan 2 and Ortiz vs Maidana 2 instead personally

Comment

It was never a close fight. I gave maidana 3 rounds max.

Comment

Originally posted by Destined 4 Top View Post
        It was never a close fight. I gave maidana 3 rounds max.
        Look at how the judges scored it. Go back & watch the fight too. Khan was almost out of there. He was running around the ring (like he always does) like a chicken without a fking head.

Comment

No, they should make Malignaggi-Maidana.

and yeah Maidana was losing the fight by a wide margin until he caught Khan with a wild overhead hook around the 9th when Cortez saved Khan.

Comment

If Khan finishes his job at 140 then moves to 147 he should defintly be fighting Kell Brook and rematching Maidana...

Maidana's skills have improved stupidly under Robert Garcia... Will be another great fight.

Comment

khan winning the first 9 rounds vs maidana has become a boxing myth/lie.

maidana wins round 3, then he wins 2 more rounds before the 9th (6 and 7 i think) which he lost easily. maidana goes on to win round 10 big i gave him 11 and 12 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by shenmue View Post

maidana wins round 3, then he wins 2 more rounds before the 9th (6 and 7 i think) which he lost easily. maidana goes on to win round 10 big i gave him 11 and 12 as well.

Khan won by 3-4 points easily.

Maidana point deducation + knockdown = 3 points straight away.

I had Khan winning by 4-5 with Maidana having a 10-8 10th round
                Last edited by miniq; 01-26-2013, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shenmue View Post

And lets not forget how much a left hook to the body takes out of a fighter and Maidana still came back strong...

imagine a fresher Maidana in the championship rounds... Khan would be wise not to fight Maidana again

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
                    And lets not forget how much a left hook to the body takes out of a fighter and Maidana still came back strong...

imagine a fresher Maidana in the championship rounds... Khan would be wise not to fight Maidana again
                    @147 Maidana doesn't seem to have the stamina he used to though

Karass's body shots really had him troubled... some rounds he just ran...

Comment

Working...
                    X