No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko vs Muhammad Ali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post

Assuming we're talking about Prime Wlad Klitschko, you know the one who was better schooled post-Brewster and Sanders - that Wlad will conserve his energy as per usual. The only one wasting energy would be Ali, having to extend his jab out even more in order to hit a 6'6 target who isn't stationary himself either.
    You make a good argument here, but I am convinced that Ali is going to be able to get in and out and side to side and circle enough wear Wlad down. Once Wlad is tired, it's over. Only way this doesn't happen is if Ali can't stop Wlad from constantly tying him up and laying across his back. Could happen, but Ali aint called the greatest for nothing. He figures it out.

Ali KO 10 WK

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      It's easy to look like he's got a great defense when this guy is his best career win:

Just sayin'
      LOL!

You don't even know who are we talking about...

Wlad never fought Adamek, just sayin'

Comment

My prediction of Ali taking UD has everything with how great I think Ali was. It doesn't take anything form Wlad's greatness.

Wlad wouldn't be without chance in that fight, but I would favor Ali.
        Last edited by Simurgh; 01-24-2013, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
          You make a good argument here, but I am convinced that Ali is going to be able to get in and out and side to side and circle enough wear Wlad down. Once Wlad is tired, it's over. Only way this doesn't happen is if Ali can't stop Wlad from constantly tying him up and laying across his back. Could happen, but Ali aint called the greatest for nothing. He figures it out.

Ali KO 10 WK
          Yep, His greatest quality was that he always found a way to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
            My prediction of Ali taking UD has everything with how great I think Ali was. It doesn't take anything form Wlad's greatness.

Wlad wouldn't be without chance in that fight, but I would favor Ali.
            Good post as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
              People talking all of this nonsense about 60's Ali beating everyone that ever existed with ease forget that he was almost knocked out by a guy weighing under 200 pounds. I think 70s Ali does better against Wlad imo. Each version had their strength and weaknesses.

There were no guys who were 245 pounds with wlad's size, skill and speed in the 70s. Anyone who was over 225 pounds pretty much sucked until the 1990s. Ali was greater because he was the best in his era and better p4p but size does matter and he would have trouble with Wlad.
              ^^^ this... Wlad is an enhanced super HW that didn't used to even exist. Ali never faced a guy like Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
                ^^^ this... Wlad is an enhanced super HW that didn't used to even exist. Ali never faced a guy like Wlad.
                I think most can agree that neither man has faced a fighter anything like the other.

But there is a gulf in competition between the two. Not Wlad's fault, but Ali would definitely be the best fighter Wlad has ever faced.

Not true vice versa.

Even so, I think Wlad is a live underdog.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                  I think most can agree that neither man has faced a fighter anything like the other.

But there is a gulf in competition between the two. Not Wlad's fault, but Ali would definitely be the best fighter Wlad has ever faced.

Not true vice versa.

Even so, I think Wlad is a live underdog.
                  In your opinion, who's the best opponent Ali faced?

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
                    In your opinion, who's the best opponent Ali faced?
                    Toss up between Holmes and Foreman.

Foreman
                    Holmes
                    Liston
                    Frazier

Probably in that order.

Comment

Ali would be far ahead on points when the fight is stopped in the late rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X