No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko vs. Oleksandr Usyk.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
    Usyk beat Joe JOyce in ams (silver medalist at SUPER HEAVY in rio), and he beat him silly.

But yeah he loses to Wlad.
    Not sure why people always bring up Am's...it really holds no weight on what happens in the pro's

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
      Not sure why people always bring up Am's...it really holds no weight on what happens in the pro's
      No sure why people act like amateur boxing is like tennis and "holds no weight"on what happen in pro boxing.

It's not some random stuff the greatest fighters of the last decades Roy, Oscar, (arguably Floyd) Wlad, Ward, Holyfield and Lewis have been OG gold medalist.

Comment

No sure why people act like amateur boxing is like tennis and "holds no weight"on what happen in pro boxing.

It's not some random stuff the greatest fighters of the last decades Roy, Oscar, (arguably Floyd) Wlad, Ward, Holyfield and Lewis have been OG gold medalist.
        Also a lot of great AM's who were **** pro's

Comment

Also a lot of great AM's who were **** pro's
          Not a lot, but a few yeah.

Let's stick to the US.

Most gold medalist turned out to be great.

You sure have a big counterexample in Tyrell Briggs.
          (Even if he wouldn't have won his gold medal in the 1984 OG without the soviet boycott, Cuba's Stevenson did not participate for this reason and was head and shoulders above everybody.)

Even Breland and Mercer did well, I wouldn't considerate them as "**** pros" since they became world champions.

Comment

Not a lot, but a few yeah.

Let's stick to the US.

Most gold medalist turned out to be great.

You sure have a big counterexample in Tyrell Briggs.
            (Even if he wouldn't have won his gold medal in the 1984 OG without the soviet boycott, Cuba's Stevenson did not participate for this reason and was head and shoulders above everybody.)

Even Breland and Mercer did well, I wouldn't considerate them as "**** pros" since they became world champions.
            Why stick to the US??? neither fighter we are discussing is American

Comment

Why stick to the US??? neither fighter we are discussing is American

Simple, USA is the best case to study how amateur champions do in pros since most of his amateur champions have always been signing pros afterwards and this being well promoted .

Ukraine for example started to have pros after 1990.

BUt since then, they also converted most of their gold medalist who turned pros as great pro fighters.

Lomachenko, Wlad and Usyk coming to mind.

You gotta respect amateur boxing, there is no fake champions there like in pro boxing, you can't duck nobody, there is no paper title.

I think the lack of interest and respect for amateur boxing in the US is related to the lack of results.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy Mashdown View Post
                Wlad has always looked poor against boxers with decent movement. Fury, Thompson, Jennings, Ibragimov all caused him big problems.

Usyk doesn't need the power to test Wlad's chin, he can simply outbox him, just like Fury did.

My only concern is that i'm not sure how physically strong Usyk is. If he let Wlad grab and lean on him, it would probably be a different result.
                It is hard to say how strong Usyk would be, or how heavy his hands would be if he put on the extra muscle to compete at heavyweight.

He'd still be a midget compared to Wlad.

I don't think those 'movers' you picked could really be described as giving Wlad big problems. He beat them all pretty easily with the exception of Fury, when Wlad was old and past it.

I think Usyk will move up to heavy after the cruiser tourney ends, and perhaps he will surprise us all. I'll be hoping he wins.

Comment

He could give Wladimir a good fight because he can box very well abd he's fast for a heavyweight. The question would be the chin. Wlad performed better against guys who came to him so it could be competitive but if I had to bet my money would be on Wlad

Comment

Joyce fight was not AMs, it was WSB, its a youtube clip away.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
                      He was feeling briedes punches I saw it in his legs, gassiev will put him down I'm absolutely sure of it. And wlad would knock him out of the ring
                      If you say so.

Comment

Working...
                      X