Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brook's Eye Injury Very Noticeable.. Damaged Goods? Will He Ever Be The Same? (VIDEO)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brook's Eye Injury Very Noticeable.. Damaged Goods? Will He Ever Be The Same? (VIDEO)

We haven't seen Brook perform since his brutal, near career-ending, beating at the hands of GGG. With a titanium plate now supporting his orbital bone will Brook's eye injury reoccur in his next fight with Spence? Is he damaged goods and will he ever be the same fighter.

You can clearly see in this recent interview, the bone structure and skin around Brook's damaged eye is partly indented, partly swollen and slightly discoloured - it's noticeably different from his good eye. This could now either be his "Achilles heel" or could he be just a few punches away from losing the eye altogether and disappearing into retirement?

YES - highly likely
    36.84%
    NO - probably not
    26.32%
    Unsure / Undec-eye-ded
    36.84%

i think if theres a titanium plate in there, it might be stronger than it ever would have otherwise been. Kell's biggest test is going to firstly be making weight at all, but especially not being allowed to replenish more than 10lbs before the same day check weight, per IBF rules.. he might lose that title on the second scale.

Comment

His eye can very much be done hence his career will struggle hurdles cause of it. It does look like at the very least he will be prone to swelling alot easier. We just gonna have to wait and see.

Comment

That's one of the two question marks about Brook. The other is the weight cut. He didn't have to cut as much weight for the Golovkin, he may be walking around heavier than he has in the past.
        Last edited by TonyGe; 03-23-2017, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCleaner View Post
          i think if theres a titanium plate in there, it might be stronger than it ever would have otherwise been. Kell's biggest test is going to firstly be making weight at all, but especially not being allowed to replenish more than 10lbs before the same day check weight, per IBF rules.. he might lose that title on the second scale.

His head alone is 147lbs but Brook has a good team around him. The guys from Sheffield Hallam University always get him in tip top condition so he will be fine.

Comment

I voted unsure. All I know is that he has an eye injury that broke a bone. I have no idea how that wil effect his career.

Comment

His eye is ****ed up, it hasn't healed yet I believe. Not sure if it will ever heal.

Comment

That's a good question, he probably is damaged goods and not to mention he has to come back down from 160. If not for the eye injury, I would choose Brook over Spence easily.

Comment

He's in a very very tough spot that athletes get stuck in but its worse to be in when youre in a contact sport.

Floyd Mayweather slowed down over the years, but he adjusted his game. Roy Jones slowed down and never changed his approach. Antonio Margarito lost that eye toughness and everybody knew it. Amir leaves his chin exposed with a weak chin, it is a ticking time bomb. Kel is a fighter i like, but it made no sense to push your body when you knew you didn't have the defense to stop yourself from a middleweight who was gonna fight a welterweight as comfy as we all know he would. Its gonna get touched all fight long.

Comment

Once Spence's uppercuts and body shots start landing, he's going to be a lot more concerned about his jaw and ribs.

Comment

Working...
                    X