Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do mayweather fans overrate his win over hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    What was your point? I do not see any. I am not making excuses for anyone but Hatton was the best guy at the time, you are in denial about that. You have no clue about how negotiations work. Mosley and Cotto were negotiating at that time, the Oscar-Arum matter was cleared up~ and that fight was already being discussed as possible, and was being discussed before the Oscar Arum **** was even finalized. Floyd is, was and always will be a small man and not a real welter. No matter what fantasy garbage you type~
    Hatton best option at the time? Try again buddy. Mosley offered Floyd a fight before the Hatton fight, and Floyd dismissed Mosley as a "sparring partner", and said he dont fight sparring partners.

As for the size issue, if Floyd isnt a real welter, then Hatton REALLY isnt a real welter. Wasnt it Floyd who was calling Hatton a "midget" during the 24/7? If he refered to Hatton as a midget, than that must mean he was bigger than Hatton. No?

Comment

Originally posted by deevel79 View Post
      Hatton best option at the time? Try again buddy. Mosley offered Floyd a fight before the Hatton fight, and Floyd dismissed Mosley as a "sparring partner", and said he dont fight sparring partners.

As for the size issue, if Floyd isnt a real welter, then Hatton REALLY isnt a real welter. Wasnt it Floyd who was calling Hatton a "midget" during the 24/7? If he refered to Hatton as a midget, than that must mean he was bigger than Hatton. No?
      To me Hatton and Floyd are the same size. Do you remember the whole Mosley tooth ache thing. Mosley and Floyd could have fought multiple times and it just never happeaned. I think Floyd took the whole tooth ache thing personal and did not want to give Mosley a chance after that. Also you can refer back to my words are meaningless position about your quote.

Comment

Perhaps due the fact that English fans overrated Hatton?

Comment

To me Hatton and Floyd are the same size. Do you remember the whole Mosley tooth ache thing. Mosley and Floyd could have fought multiple times and it just never happeaned. I think Floyd took the whole tooth ache thing personal and did not want to give Mosley a chance after that. Also you can refer back to my words are meaningless position about your quote.
          Oh, so no Hatton and Floyd are the same size ACCORDING TO YOU! LOL. Ok. Not according to thier size stats, or the words of one of the fighters who called the other a "midget"

Whether Floyd didnt fight Mosley out of spite due to the toothache issue is one thing, but dont sit here and say that Hatton was a better option than Mosley at the time, when both men were clearly available.

On top of that, Floyd was asked about fighting Cotto every corner he turned, and came up with 101 excuses for why not to fight him.
          Last edited by deevel79; 09-25-2008, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Oh, so no Hatton and Floyd are the same size ACCORDING TO YOU! LOL. Ok. Not according to thier size stats, or the words of one of the fighters who called the other a "midget"

Whether Floyd didnt fight Mosley out of spite due to the toothache issue is one thing, but dont sit here and say that Hatton was a better option than Mosley at the time, when both men were clearly available.
            Why is your opinon on this valid? They are of similar size Hatton is thicker short and squat weighs more, while Floyd is longer and more lanky. Sounds like a style clash? Hatton was the best option I stand by what I said.

Comment

Height doesn't mean anything when it comes to boxing size, is Paul Williams bigger than Samuel Peter?

Floyd comes into fights at 147-149, Paul Williams/Margarito/Cotto/Berto/Clottey/Collazo all come in at 160 or more. How are you going to tell me that Floyd is a big welterweight when he fights at a dozen pounds or less than all of the top Welters?

Comment

On top of that, Floyd was asked about fighting Cotto every corner he turned, and came up with 101 excuses for why not to fight him.

More fantasy talk. Arum never seriously negotiated for a Cotto fight they just claimed he was ducking him. Using anything Arum says as an argument shows your level of knowledge.

Comment

Why is your opinon on this valid? They are of similar size Hatton is thicker short and squat weighs more, while Floyd is longer and more lanky. Sounds like a style clash? Hatton was the best option I stand by what I said.
                  Financially..yes. But was he more of a threat than Cotto or Mosley, who at the time, were in Floyd's same division, and seen as #1 and 2 right behind Floyd at the time.

Comment

Financially..yes. But was he more of a threat than Cotto or Mosley, who at the time, were in Floyd's same division, and seen as #1 and 2 right behind Floyd at the time.
                    A Cotto fight was never seriosly discussed so not an option. I mean real negotiations not public Arum rantings that have no real meaning other then to promote HIS guys and make them look better.

Mosley he could have had his chance but for the toothache thing. Mosley can be outboxed by superor technicians and had not had a big win in years.

Hatton was p4p ranked and Mosley was not, they are similar in size, Hatton has a huge fanbase, Hatton was undeafeted. He sounds like a damn good option to me. This fight had also been building since their days at 140 when people claimed Floyd did not fight Hatton. Tying up a loose end is never a bad thing

They were all good options for a fight though

Comment

More fantasy talk. Arum never seriously negotiated for a Cotto fight they just claimed he was ducking him. Using anything Arum says as an argument shows your level of knowledge.
                      Im not using ANYTHING Arum has said as an argument. Im going on the things that has come out of Floyd's own mouth when asked numerous times about a fight with Cotto. Did u not forget about the video where Merchant is asking Floyd about fighting Cotto, and Floyd gave numerous excuses for why not to fight? Im referring to that vid and many other articles, quotes, vids where Floyd had made nothing but excuses for why not to fight Cotto. Should i refresh your memory?

Comment

Working...
                      X