Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a prime Tommy Hearns at 154 had lost to the Hurd that fought Lara?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would a prime Tommy Hearns at 154 had lost to the Hurd that fought Lara?

Hearns is levels above all the guys at 154 and I don't think it's close. But looking back at the Hagler vs Hearns fight, it is very clear that when someone applied intense pressure Hearns folded. Hurd imo is all wrong for a guy like Hearns. He has an iron chin (goat at 154), he has power, great at cutting off the ring, and he applied pressure better than any 154 pounder I have ever seen. I see Hearns landing that right hand but Hurd still coming. I believe Hurd has the best chance of stopping Tommy Hearns at 154 due to styles.

No. Hearn would have a field day with Hurd and his power will kill him, if he won't KO Hurd he would wear him down.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
      No. Hearn would have a field day with Hurd and his power will kill him, if he won't KO Hurd he would wear him down.
      Hurd has a better chin and is physically stronger though

Comment

I reckon Maidana would've annihilated Hearns

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
          Hearns is levels above all the guys at 154 and I don't think it's close. But looking back at the Hagler vs Hearns fight, it is very clear that when someone applied intense pressure Hearns folded. Hurd imo is all wrong for a guy like Hearns. He has an iron chin (goat at 154), he has power, great at cutting off the ring, and he applied pressure better than any 154 pounder I have ever seen. I see Hearns landing that right hand but Hurd still coming. I believe Hurd has the best chance of stopping Tommy Hearns at 154 due to styles.
          Hurd is not stronger than Dennis Andries so the answer would be no

Comment

Originally posted by Kaspa9t9 View Post
            I reckon Maidana would've annihilated Hearns
            Stop talking out of your bottom he could not stop china chinned Khan yet you expect him to beat Hearns,

Comment

u know any older fighter beats any new fighter around here, it wouldn't even be competitive lol

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
                Stop talking out of your bottom he could not stop china chinned Khan yet you expect him to beat Hearns,
                That's because Khan has the GOAT skills. Even a prime Mayweather avoided him.

Comment

Taking a clean shots from Lara is one thing...Hearns is another. Taking pressure from Hagler at 160 is also much different. Hurd isn’t on Haglers level. “Hagler did it so Hurd can too.”? Based on what? Hearns was too skilled for Hurd. He’d either stop him or it would be a horrendous display. Margo had a zombie chin and tank too but eventually you run into a Shane Mosley who is ferocious, skilled, and can crack.

He’s the biggest 54 pounder Ive ever seen though. At least that I can think of. He must have some feather bones or something or just has an insane ability to cut weight.

He’s not walking down Charlo let alone GGG or Canelo. Not unless he wants to do a kirkland impression. With that being said, I want to see him fight anyone. Dude has that zombie mentality and I dig it
                  Last edited by NearHypnos; 04-09-2018, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Tough to say. It seems like Hurd has a damn good chin, but he hasn't been hit by Tommy Hearns lol

Comment

Working...
                    X