Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know the reason why Nonito Donaire and Victor Conte had a falling out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know the reason why Nonito Donaire and Victor Conte had a falling out?

Nonito and Victor were very close, in almost every interview Nonito would praise Victor and say how close he was to Victor and how he trusts him. Nonito basically revived Victor's career.

They seemed to have a tight relationship.

But does anyone know why Conte left Nonito? he left him suddenly too just weeks before he was going to fight Rigondeaux was it because of money or was it because of Nonito's wife Rachel?

Probably because Nonito was using an inferior product. Conte recently left Amir Khan because Amir was promoting inferior supplements according to Conte's twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Rust Cohle View Post
      Probably because Nonito was using an inferior product. Conte recently left Amir Khan because Amir was promoting inferior supplements according to Conte's twitter.
      so he left the because they were promoting someone elses supps?

Comment

cuz Donaire KO'd him with one jab

Comment

There was an interview with Nonito before the Rigo fight, explaining exactly why he parted ways with Conte, but I'm way too lazy to look that up.

It was while he was training, so if you really want to know, look up Nonito training before the Rigo fight on youtube, and one of those vids should explain it all.

Comment

he also dumped Garcia

care to imply anything or question something about that too?

Comment

I think Nonito wasn't paying much attention to what Conte was telling him.

I don't really see how much use Conte would be anyway. It's not like he's a qualified sports scientist, he's more of a quack who's accumulated a lot of experience, in part because he was a discrete source of drugs for top athletes. I think his name gets him gigs but no one ever seems to continue working with him for very long.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post

I don't really see how much use Conte would be anyway. It's not like he's a qualified sports scientist, he's more of a quack who's accumulated a lot of experience, in part because he was a discrete source of drugs for top athletes. I think his name gets him gigs but no one ever seems to continue working with him for very long.
                Agreed. I think this is spot on!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post

dude sold him a bill of goods and Nonito ate it up....at the end of the day, boxing doesnt need to be too complicated

nonito being uneducated got him suckered into meaningless BS.

Just train hard and prepare the old fashioned way, no need for fancy supplements - its a damn placebo effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Radical View Post
                    dude sold him a bill of goods and Nonito ate it up....at the end of the day, boxing doesnt need to be too complicated

nonito being uneducated got him suckered into meaningless BS.

Just train hard and prepare the old fashioned way, no need for fancy supplements - its a damn placebo effect.
                    It depends. Some supplements are useful and there's no good reason not to take them. But a lot, probably even most, are next to useless.

I think it was in that 'Bigger, Faster, Stronger' movie where they compared the supplements industry to the quack doctors in the Old West roaming around selling magic elixirs that give you super strength. That's exactly what it's like.

Most of them aren't based on reliable studies, or else blatantly misrepresent the research they are supposed to be based on. Like if you check on Examine.com you find that lots of testosterone boosters are sold off the back of studies done on post-menopausal women.

Training techniques, in terms of developing speed, strength, explosiveness etc are different because most of that stuff is based on solid and extensive research conducted over decades. But it's all about application in the context of the relevant sport. Trainers need a real understanding of the sport as well as their scientific education to really make new methods get results.

Comment

Working...
                    X