No announcement yet.

Fury: The biggest fight in the HW division & Hearn has nothing to do with it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
    Fighting in ranked eliminators for 2 or 3 fights before a Joshua or wilder next year at least allows some form of credibility. Much more so than being #5 in the rankings and being provided a voluntary shot after beating two guys ranked outside the top 100. I'm saying fury isn't ready for wilder.. no way.

If anybody giving this fight any credit thinks that the fury you'll see in November / December even barely resembles the fury of Klitschko then they need their head testing.

Who could wilder fight that provides more credibility in the eyes of a true pugilist non-bias fan than a current fury?

Dillian Whyte.. he's fought 3 ranked fighters, one a former world champion and has been active without breaks.

I can't help you if you think that fighting the current Tyson fury given everything we've mentioned in the last hour or back and forth is more credible than Whyte.

Anyone giving Tyson fury even the most remote bit of credibility as an opponent right now for the current WBC HW champion is either clueless or has an agenda or bias against the other HW champion and / or his associates.
    Ok since you refuse to answer my question let me pose it this way. Who should Wilder fight instead of Fury that you think would beat Fury right now?

Comment

Tyson Fury has always been a proper British old-chap!
      Anthony Johnson is nothing but a wasteman!

Comment

Stupid thread.
        Hearn made DW undeservingly famous.
        Hearn/AJ took risks.
        Wilder was protected like a baby.
        You gotta admit it all started when he saw AJ stopped Klitsch,
        got jealous of the accolades, and DW suddenly wanted to join the big boys club.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Ok since you refuse to answer my question let me pose it this way. Who should Wilder fight instead of Fury that you think would beat Fury right now?
          Dillian Whyte

Whyte beats sefer seferi fury everyday and twice on Sundays.

Stop living like fury is the fury from 2015 to bolster your support of the fight for wilders benefit. Fury right now..is not a credible opponent for the WBC HW champion. You can bring up his accolades and the state of a weak division as much as you like ..but fury right now doesn't belong in the top 20 based off his last performance.

If wilder fought breazeale instead ..and AJ then decided to fight fury in April, you'd be slagging off Joshua no end mentioning all the things about fury that I have.. obesity..drugs..ducking..seferi and pianeta etc etc.

Whyte Vs wilder also sells more UK PPV which like it or not in that fight would be an even split of the money generated. Price difference factored in..Alot more UK fans buy that PPV to see Whyte than Americans do to see wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
            I sure hope Fury does well later this month. Boxing needs guys with heart.
            The guy Fury is fighting next is ranked as the 119th best heavyweight in the world by boxrec meaning they think 118 heavyweights fighting today are better than this guy, It's another huge cherry pick by Fury just like his last fight with boxrec's number 69th best cruiserweight. I only use boxrec's rankings because these guys are so bad nobody else ranks them at all. Fury will easily win by one sided KO and it will prove nothing. Ali was exiled from boxing for almost 4 years and immediately fought top 10 world rated contenders on his first return fights.

Comment

I sure hope Tyson goes thru with this now with all the talking that hes doing.

Comment

Bigger in what way though? Bigger for wilder and fury fans?

Because a proper boxing fan wouldn't say that fighting someone coming off a 2 year hiatus from mental health issues and a cocaine addiction whilst fighting obesity is "the best fight "

Are we talking financially? Because neither fury or wilder get a higher purse than Joshua..it draws nowhere near the PPV buys of it does get put on that platform and the live attendance won't be bigger either.

I mean.. it just isn't bigger in any way unless you throw all figures and finances and any semblance of objectivity out of the window.

Interesting fight and a toss up in styles and i'll watch as I have BT and I'm sure they'll get UK rights but ... It won't do anywhere near the numbers that both respective fan groups think it will.

This is what we call a fanboy.

Comment

Dillian Whyte

Whyte beats sefer seferi fury everyday and twice on Sundays.

Stop living like fury is the fury from 2015 to bolster your support of the fight for wilders benefit. Fury right now..is not a credible opponent for the WBC HW champion. You can bring up his accolades and the state of a weak division as much as you like ..but fury right now doesn't belong in the top 20 based off his last performance.

If wilder fought breazeale instead ..and AJ then decided to fight fury in April, you'd be slagging off Joshua no end mentioning all the things about fury that I have.. obesity..drugs..ducking..seferi and pianeta etc etc.

Whyte Vs wilder also sells more UK PPV which like it or not in that fight would be an even split of the money generated. Price difference factored in..Alot more UK fans buy that PPV to see Whyte than Americans do to see wilder.
                  How did you rank AJ's win over a 41 year old Wlad coming off a loss & a 17 month layoff with no tuneups?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    How did you rank AJ's win over a 41 year old Wlad coming off a loss & a 17 month layoff with no tuneups?
                    After Fury's win over Klitschko (Wlad lost that fight more so than Fury winning it), Joshua's win over Klitschko is the biggest heavyweight win of the last 3-4 years. The 41 year old Wlad that AJ fought was unquestionably better than the one Fury fought despite the lack of tune-ups.

Comment

Originally posted by DaaamnSon View Post
                      After Fury's win over Klitschko (Wlad lost that fight more so than Fury winning it), Joshua's win over Klitschko is the biggest heavyweight win of the last 3-4 years. The 41 year old Wlad that AJ fought was unquestionably better than the one Fury fought despite the lack of tune-ups.
                      A 29 year old body will bounce back way better after a layoff than a 41 year old body with almost 70 fights. Don't you agree?

Comment

Working...
                      X