how do u become lineal champ.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do u become lineal champ.....

if there isnt one to beat.

ie if the lineal champ moves weight or retires, how do u become the next one?
    Is it 1v2 in the division like ring belt, and can it be 1v3 also (like the ring belt)

Basically, does winning the ring belt automatically make you the lineal champ when it is vacant? I know the ring belt doesnt automatically mean you are lineal eg Calzaghe was ring LHW champ, Erdie was lineal, but when there is no man to beat to become the man do the ring's rules apply for lineage?

Is there a clear cut process to follow, or is it a bit more complicated where it becomes a matter of opinion.
    Wlad is the ring WH champ, is he lineal?
    Pascal is the ring LHW champ, is he lineal?
    Floyd isnt the WW ring champ, is he lineal?

when the liniage is broken due to a fighter retiring then a new lineal champ comes about when the #1 and #2 fighters face eachother

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
      when the liniage is broken due to a fighter retiring then a new lineal champ comes about when the #1 and #2 fighters face eachother
      or #1 versus #3 which means floyd is no WW ringmag champ right now because it was a fight between #2 versus # 3 when he fought mosley. Floyd is the #1 ringmag WW and has to fight either pac or berto to become the ringmag WW champ but I guess he's too busy to care.

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
        or #1 versus #3 which means floyd is no WW ringmag champ right now because it was a fight between #2 versus # 3 when he fought mosley. Floyd is the #1 ringmag WW and has to fight either pac or berto to become the ringmag WW champ but I guess he's too busy to care.
        true like Klychko vs Chagaev.

Comment

i know thats the rules for the ring belt, but does it work the same for lineage?
          Also lets not make this a Floyd thread please.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
            i know thats the rules for the ring belt, but does it work the same for lineage?
            Also lets not make this a Floyd thread please.
            Oh sorry just a slip of the tongue.

I guess in the absence of a true lineal champ for some reasons like retirement or death then the ringmag champ is the closest reference we can have and not any of the alphabet soup organization which means vitali is the world heavyweight lineal champ right now. I don't know if you agree with me but that's how I look at it..

EDIT: I mean wladimir, another slip of the tongue.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
              true like Klychko vs Chagaev.
              Right you are.

Comment

EDIT: I mean wladimir, another slip of the tongue.

I knew you were a closet Klit licker.

Comment

so basically, when lineage is broken, whoever becomes ring champ is lineal. Cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X