No announcement yet.

Canelo stresses "Little Golovkin's offer is take it or leave it" 😎😎

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MoneyKasha View Post
    this is off topic, but the other thread someone accused Golovkin fans of being "neo nazis"

Golovkin doesn't even have any white blood in him, he is pure asian
    There is something seriously wrong with you.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
      It is a fact that golovkin and his brother beat up random civilians just because of the victims race (Mongolian) etc
      "It's a fact" = "I read it somewhere on the internet."

Grow up mate, ffs.

Comment

The issue with the flat fee is an issue of principle.

Realistically, if Golovkin got 35% upside(best he could do IMO), I doubt he would end up making much more than 15 million. I actually think it's a fair offer when being realistic about the potential business the fight can do.

The issue with the flat fee is pride and nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
          The issue with the flat fee is an issue of principle.

Realistically, if Golovkin got 35% upside(best he could do IMO), I doubt he would end up making much more than 15 million. I actually think it's a fair offer when being realistic about the potential business the fight can do.

The issue with the flat fee is pride and nothing more.
          when you put it like that it makes it sound more reasonable. But why are flat fees offered when its not considered the norm?
          Why dont he give percentage of PPV?

Comment

Correct stance.

$15million is a more than generous offer, take it or leave it. Canelo fought Mayweather and Cotto for less than that and he's a far bigger draw than Golovkin.

Golovkin can accept triple his highest ever purse for a mega fight or continue fighting mostly irrelevant opponents. Canelo sacrificed to get big fights, $15million is far from a sacrifice.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              when you put it like that it makes it sound more reasonable. But why are flat fees offered when its not considered the norm?

Because Team Canelo are being dicks and they want all the upside to themselves. However, with this offer, they are also assuming more risk.

Say the fight does 700k...could do more, just trying to be conservative here. That produces 49 million in revenue (assuming it's priced at $70 in HD). Add another 8-9 million in gate, and call it another 2-3 million in sponsors and your talking around 60 mill.

Once all the cable distributors take their cuts, HBO takes their cut, promoters take their cut...call it 50 million to split between the fighters. If Golovkin was to make 35%, that would be 17.5 million...15 million isn't an insulting offer.

Now...these numbers are completely rough, honestly pulled half of it out of my ass, but I'm confident it's close.

Point is...I don't think a flat fee of 15 million is that horrible of a first offer. If GGG can get 20 million that's a REALLY good deal IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                "It's a fact" = "I read it somewhere on the internet."

Grow up mate, ffs.
                That really did happen he admitted to a Russian newspaper

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  When they insist on a flat fee you have to be stupid to believe the two fighters will be paid the same. If GGG gets 15 million then what does Canelo get? 40 million? 60 million? Does that sound fair? It doesn't sound fair to me. Hell, they paid fuking glass jawed Khan 13 million to fight Canelo and GGG vs Canelo is a three times bigger fight.GGG is doing the right thing to tell them to shove their 15 million flat fee .Pacquiao turned down Mayweather's 30 million flat fee and ended up making 5 times that much. Offer GGG a fair 65/35 split in Canelo's favor of all money available for the fighters and the fight would probably get made. Oscar is a greedy cheapskate.
                  considering it's Canelo and not g string bringing the financial clout to the fight, the answer is yes 15 million for g string and 40 million for Canelo is more than fair. Pac/Floyd isn't a good comparison. Pac was already an established PPV star with many successful PPVs and high quality opponents under his belt. g string has neither.

Floyd took the short money vs Oscar in an effort to become a PPV star. Canelo took the short money vs Floyd in an effort to become a PPV star. Is it really unfair to expect g string to take the short money (is 15 million short money?) vs Canelo in order for him to become a PPV star? I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    Speaking of outside of the norm, when was the last time a fighter with ZERO quality wins got a 15 million dollar offer to fight anyone? It's OK, you can say it NEVER!

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                      Correct stance.

$15million is a more than generous offer, take it or leave it. Canelo fought Mayweather and Cotto for less than that and he's a far bigger draw than Golovkin.

Golovkin can accept triple his highest ever purse for a mega fight or continue fighting mostly irrelevant opponents. Canelo sacrificed to get big fights, $15million is far from a sacrifice.
                      Too...much...sense

Comment

Working...
                      X