No announcement yet.

The Fix was IN!..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
    Scoring of the fight was terrible, not the worst stoppage though, he was hurt maybe could have gone on a bit more but who knows.
    Even Rios was surprised and felt it was a little too early..The ref was eager to get in there even when Alvarado had his hands up high..

Comment

It was a great fight everybody knows Alvarado had that gatti in him bad stoppage

Comment

While I may disagree with the scorecard it's just dumb to blame Arum. Ruin the sport? Really?!?!?! How many stars has he made in boxing? You're precious Cotto wouldn't be what he is if it wasn't for Arum. Same with Oscar, Floyd and other boxers. He's had several decades in the sport of boxing and if he wanted to ruin it, he would of done it long time ago.

Another thing Alvarado is also promoted by Arum so he wins either way.

If you really want to blame someone also blame the boxers and the people behind the way they pussified boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
          Even Rios was surprised and felt it was a little too early..The ref was eager to get in there even when Alvarado had his hands up high..
          Did we see the same fight?, Alverado took alot of consecutive blows, all respect to Alverado, i like watching him fight, but he was one punch away as Rios was loading up, i say it was a good stoppage. Alverado lives to fight another day, nothing wrong with that.

Comment

After being hit with several hard shots and wasn't really defending himself intelligently, Rios is the guy doing damage not really there to protect Alvarado thats the refs job and he did. It was a so so stoppage not the worst like I said so I don't think it could really be called a quick one where Alvarado was ok to continue.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
              While I may disagree with the scorecard it's just dumb to blame Arum. Ruin the sport? Really?!?!?! How many stars has he made in boxing? You're precious Cotto wouldn't be what he is if it wasn't for Arum. Same with Oscar, Floyd and other boxers. He's had several decades in the sport of boxing and if he wanted to ruin it, he would of done it long time ago.

Another thing Alvarado is also promoted by Arum so he wins either way.
              SMH it's difficult enough to have a reasonable debate with you when someone as biased as yourself can't look past a person having a favorite boxer...

But I'll answer fairly..

No..Alvarado winning does nothing for Arum..he's from the 303..Denver, CO and doesn't have a fan base whatsoever..He's mentioned Rios as a potential for Pacquiao since 2010 or early 2011..it makes business because he knows the filipinos and the West Coast Latinos are gonna sell it out..on top of Rios having a fan friendly style and a good personality for TV...

As far as his promotional skills and resume..I'd never take that away from him..but Oscar was a star before Arum with the Olympic Goldenboy story..Floyd became this huge star after he left Arum and Cotto's style and vulnerability made him someone to watch..Arum put him in the right fights at the right times..he's smart..

but even you say Cotto got a few gifts right?..who was his promoter when he received those "gifts"?

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                After being hit with several hard shots and wasn't really defending himself intelligently, Rios is the guy doing damage not really there to protect Alvarado thats the refs job and he did. It was a so so stoppage not the worst like I said so I don't think it could really be called a quick one where Alvarado was ok to continue.
                I agree..I even stated I've seen worse stoppages..like Marquez-Vazquez II smh!..

but the cards is something nobody can argue..I mean 4-2 for Rios isn't realistic by any means..

Comment

SMH it's difficult enough to have a reasonable debate with you when someone as biased as yourself can't look past a person having a favorite boxer...

But I'll answer fairly..

No..Alvarado winning does nothing for Arum..he's from the 303..Denver, CO and doesn't have a fan base whatsoever..He's mentioned Rios as a potential for Pacquiao since 2010 or early 2011..it makes business because he knows the filipinos and the West Coast Latinos are gonna sell it out..on top of Rios having a fan friendly style and a good personality for TV...

As far as his promotional skills and resume..I'd never take that away from him..but Oscar was a star before Arum with the Olympic Goldenboy story..Floyd became this huge star after he left Arum and Cotto's style and vulnerability made him someone to watch..Arum put him in the right fights at the right times..he's smart..

but even you say Cotto got a few gifts right?..who was his promoter when he received those "gifts"?
                  Biased? Where was I displaying biased? I dislike Arum but we have no right to call him a snake really. He's done more for the sport than majority of us in our lifetime.

Doesn't have a fan base? Have you seen his fights in Denver cause I see people cheering for him. If that ain't a fan base then I don't know. The same could be said for Rios with other part of the midwest. Works both ways man.

Arum took them to the other level and that's just 3 of them. There is a ton more boxers there as well. You think those boxers were making him million dollar paydays at first? Hell no, he used his own money. Common sense! And if one of those stars isn't what he's made to be...all that money he invested goes to shit considering boxing these days care about that "0" more than anything. Yea total snake alright! Again I don't like Arum but I appreciate him much more for what he's done for the sport than anyone here. Most people stream fights here....snakes too right?

What fights where gifts? I gave him both the Mosley and Clottey fight. Fail again sir.

Comment

But I'll answer fairly..

if your a cotto fan fantastic cant take it lol

Comment

I agree..I even stated I've seen worse stoppages..like Marquez-Vazquez II smh!..

but the cards is something nobody can argue..I mean 4-2 for Rios isn't realistic by any means..
                      Then blame the fucking judge and not Arum!

The fight wasn't like that with the other 2 judges.

Comment

Working...
                      X