Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Trainer Hits Back at Claims That Kovalev Fight Was Fixed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well said, I’m proud that the best fighter is Mexican! 🇲🇽

Comment

Kovalev many thought he beat Andre ward in their first fight a far superior fighter than Canelo. Blew out guys like Jean Pascal yet fights Canelo and doesn’t throw a single punch with bad intentions, is patting him on the back every time they clinch touching gloves before each round. Anyone who’s ever boxed knows you don’t do that stuff. You don’t even do that in sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Roa View Post
        The excuse that "Canelo's counterpunching is too powerful hence opponents hesitate to attack" is fucking dumb.
        Well I think in these scenarios, you need to look at what is most likely.

Either Canelo hit's very hard and fighters start fighting defensively and more cautiously because of it. (Let's not forget he even forced GGG to fight on the backfoot, which at that point in his career was practically unheard of)

Or it's an international illegal conspiracy and they've managed to pay off some of the highest profile fighters in our sport, each and every time he's stepped up his competition.

Now given the 2 options, you've selected international illegal conspiracy and labelled the first as ****ing dumb.

I don't know what to tell you, but to me - the former seems entirely more plausible than the latter. Even from a taxation perspective, trying to transfer "side money" is extraordinarily difficult. You can disagree, but keep it civil at least, I ain't sucking no d!ck!

Comment

#CaneloKeepsRuiningLives

Lol at all the idiots that thought the fight was fixed. Keep crying those salty tears homos.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzo View Post
            The way Kovalev looked like he was hardly trying to win and the way the referee was far too quick to wave off the fight after the knockdown looked very dodgy to me
            The "knockdown" as you call it was a scary comatose knockout that sent Kovalev to the hospital. The referee was right to call an end to the fight before the count to 10 to see how badly hurt Kovalev was.

Comment

Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
              the alvarez vs jacobs "fight" was nothing more than a glorified sparring sessions compared to a middleweight title fight like hagler vs hearns it was a non-event alvarez vs kovalev was more of the same a poor excuse for a title fight look for alvarez to duck any real challenge from beterbiev or bivol
              Why stop there??? He ducking Cruiserweights also.

This dude is fkn DUMB!!!

Comment

I've never seen 2 fighter touch gloves willingly so many times during a championship bout, definitely seemed fishy to me.. Kovalev looked old as Fck in the ring that night. Another good hand picked Win for Alvarez's resume, but Callum Smith, Caleb Plant, David Benevidez, Bivol and Beterbiev are the young Lions rn not Golovkin or Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
                  the alvarez vs jacobs "fight" was nothing more than a glorified sparring sessions compared to a middleweight title fight like hagler vs hearns it was a non-event alvarez vs kovalev was more of the same a poor excuse for a title fight look for alvarez to duck any real challenge from beterbiev or bivol
                  After he beats Beterbiev (who is not that good) and Bivol (lmao) you all will look for some other Russian or Eastern European. Itll never end.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                    After he beats Beterbiev (who is not that good) and Bivol (lmao) you all will look for some other Russian or Eastern European. Itll never end.
                    Or he will move on to Andrade and Charlo doe

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
                      The "knockdown" as you call it was a scary comatose knockout that sent Kovalev to the hospital. The referee was right to call an end to the fight before the count to 10 to see how badly hurt Kovalev was.
                      No. He stopped that **** before even getting a look at Kovalev. Good shots for sure, but the ref just seemed way too eager to stop it in my view. The rest of the fight was a pedestrian, friendly sparring session with each guy touching gloves like they were old buddies at the end of each round. I'm a Canelo fan, but it all felt pretty fishy to me too.

Comment

Working...
                      X