No announcement yet.

Pac’s win over Thurman best of any 40+ year old fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    Damaged goods? He sure didn't seem damaged goods in the fight. In fact, he was fighting like his usual self.

This damaged goods crap gets thrown far too much to minimize the win for the opponent. His body got broken down by Spence and his eye gave out and got stopped. It happens.

Brook was winning the fight, then gassed.

A lack of stamina and endurance happens when you cut so much weight.

And he had to cut muscle, that messes you up.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      Brook was damaged good after the GGG fight.

The eye socket and the stoppage was one thing, but blowing up to middleweight and putting on that muscle only to have to cut it again, really messes you up.

RJJ was never the same after moving up to heavyweight.
      That's not what his performance said. Brook was sharp, strong, and was giving as good at he was getting for the first 6 rounds. Also, it was the other eye that Spence jacked up. With Roy Jones we could SEE the decline. Your logic is sound, but you have to look at things from the case to case basis.

I'll ask you this, if Brook was damaged goods what didn't he do in the Spence fight that he usually does. Also, if he's really damaged good he would continuously be losing to fighters he has no business losing to, and that hasn't happened.

Comment

Originally posted by lion81 View Post
        how old was marquez when ktfo6 happened? 40?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          Brook was damaged goods after the Golovkin beatdown.
          Read my reply to D4
          On a P4P basis Danny was a solid win for Thurman, as a WW, that was a fight between the two best welters at the time.
          What in sam's hell did Danny Garcia do to establish himself as the best welterweight???????

Comment

Brook was winning the fight, then gassed.

A lack of stamina and endurance happens when you cut so much weight.

And he had to cut muscle, that messes you up.
            It was a very competitive fight and Spence was banging to the body all fight long. That also heavily contributes to a fighter gassing out.

Comment

Originally posted by DumpkinsPlus5 View Post
              Read my reply to D4

What in sam's hell did Danny Garcia do to establish himself as the best welterweight???????

He completely gassed out.

A side effect of cutting so much weight especially muscle.

I had the fight even after 8.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                I mean that goes without saying, but he DID knock out Moorer...Who was better than this version of Thurman heading into the fight. Thurman vs Pacquiao was always seen as an pick-em type of fight for a reason. This wasn't a case of Pacquiao defying all the odds and doing the impossible.
                I don’t agree that Moorer was better than Thurman at the time he lost to George. His best win was a narrow decison over Holyfield prior to fighting Foreman. If you recall, Holyfield went to the hospital after the fight for dehydration and a torn rotator cuff, where they also discovered his heart condition that forced his temporary retirement. It’s safe to say Moorer did not beat the best version of Evander that night.

Comment

I don’t agree that Moorer was better than Thurman at the time he lost to George. His best win was a narrow decison over Holyfield prior to fighting Foreman. If you recall, Holyfield went to the hospital after the fight for dehydration and a torn rotator cuff, where they also discovered his heart condition that forced his temporary retirement. It’s safe to say Moorer did not beat the best version of Evander that night.
                  And did Pacquiao beat the best version of Thurman? So you thought Thurman was on top form coming off a 22 month lay off where he then fights Lopez and almost gets stopped and doesn't look all that good?

Interesting, very interesting.

Moorer was certainly seen as better but you will want to believe what you want to believe, so have at it.

Comment

Originally posted by DumpkinsPlus5 View Post
                    Read my reply to D4

I would also the same about Soence and Crawford. What have they done. Brook was damaged goods no matter how you pain it. Mikey much smaller. Who has Bud beat to deserve so much credit at welter?

Comment

He completely gassed out.

A side effect of cutting so much weight especially muscle.

I had the fight even after 8.
                      Courtesy of Spence's body attack and pressure. But if you don't want to give credit that's cool. You're mind is made up and I've learned how people on this site get down when that happens.

Comment

Working...
                      X