No announcement yet.

Boxing Scene: the death site? 5 of the top 100 posters are dead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. Not top 100 though.

I reckon that Ozzie guy in the history section has also passed away sadly.

Comment

I feel like the day that #LarryXXX stops posting this forum will have reached the point of no return

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
        Last page has 4 of the 5. None of them were old because people on here knew them in real life and said it. I know second to none, raesaad, and walt liquor were definitely not elderly. and samurai I don't think he was either. (jazluvr knew him much better)

Agree on being older and having more problems. Perhaps boxing fans in general are just older though when I go to fights it's a good mix of ages but I don't know how many are there just for the event and not really fans.

RIP FALLEN HIGH VOLUME POSTING MEMBERS.
        You ain't gotta be elderly.

Sh^t start getting serious in your 40's with the casualty rate doubling & then some from 35-44 years old to 45-54 years old. And 45-54 year old cats got around 5x's a chance to die as 15-24 year olds.

And this is overall. I'm sure it'd look worse for a male specific graph.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          You ain't gotta be elderly.

Sh^t start getting serious in your 40's with the casualty rate doubling & then some from 35-44 years old to 45-54 years old. And 45-54 year old cats got around 5x's a chance to die as 15-24 year olds.

And this is overall. I'm sure it'd look worse for a male specific graph.

I don't blame high-volume posters for debating this because they don't want to die from lots of posting either.

Comment

Strange but sometimes when a poster disappears many of us would never know. We assume the best and figure they got busy with life outside boxingscene.

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
              Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 New International Version (NIV)

A Time for Everything
              3 There is a time for everything,
              and a season for every activity under the heavens:
              2 a time to be born and a time to die,
              a time to plant and a time to uproot,
              3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
              a time to tear down and a time to build,
              4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
              a time to mourn and a time to dance,
              5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
              a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
              6 a time to search and a time to give up,
              a time to keep and a time to throw away,
              7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
              a time to be silent and a time to speak,
              8 a time to love and a time to hate,
              a time for war and a time for peace.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                i definitely regret a lot of the time i spent here. it served some purpose, but not that much. not 40K posts worth of purpose.

there are just flat out better things that one can be doing. time is finite.
                My Gawd u have alot of post.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                  Strange but sometimes when a poster disappears many of us would never know. We assume the best and figure they got busy with life outside boxingscene.
                  Yea its kinda effed up & sad you can have a pseudo friendship online with someone on a forum like this who mighta died & you never would know it.

Comment

If I stop posting here it's probably cause I passed away. No reason to not post here tbh, i'm not that busy even though i'm really busy. Nobody here is a celeb doing tours and sh/t like that, or a movie star or big time athlete. Either you die or maybe you got bored of the internet altogether and that's impossible

Comment

Yeah I'm with Kev ^^^^^^

If you guys ever see me stop posting all together I probably kicked it

Comment

Working...
                      X