Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compound thread: My points about Dempsey, Truth Claims and Evidence in boxing history

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dempsey-Louis View Post
    Here is an excerpt that suggests an awful lot of people watched Dempsey's hands being wrapped and we are to believe that all of them were ignorant of any special tape trick De Forest might have been trying to pull. This seems unlikely.

The list is a who's, who of boxing, including Ring Lardner, Damon Runyon, Nat Fleischer, Grantland Rice, and commissioner William Muldoon. All had to be ignorant of the magic tape trick, I guess, or they were all in on it.

BTW - Why was Tom Mix there? Wasn't he a Saturday afternoon serial cowboy movie star?

The Willard quote only came after he takes the beating.

Although I should add that the piece does speak to the argument: when it came to taping hands there was much gamesmanship going on - but it also shows that everyone was paying close attention to what everyone else was doing.

No, not ignorant of it. The tape was not illegal. I don't know how many times I've had to say that. It was a tape. What do you expect them to do? Say....Oh...there is tape. That is illegal? lol

You are welcome to take Billeau's place in the debate if he declines. I don't mind at all.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      He just took two back to back L's in the history forum. His azz hole is starting to look like a Skippy peanut butter jar.

Crying about cluttering up threads...that's what I usually tell him when he gets on threads acting like a 5th grade spelling bee nerd. I see he's laying down that three impartial judges shyt again, LOL.

This clown right here talks a lot....but he's not stepping up, so let me make myself very clear.

I'm willing to debate anyone who sees this message about the information presented here. I would like for this to be a "friendly" debate." No insults, no consequences for losing.

The way this works is we go to the Thunderdome section of the board that is for settling beefs. Together we search out neutral posters or nominate people we believe can be neutral about this topic. Both parties agree on the 3 judges.

We post our evidence about our sides, the judges vote, and that is the end.

Is there anyone willing to join me in this debate?

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
        Now now, Billieau. I've pointed to various people that agree with the information I've pointed out. We are all "idiots" according to you. These are historians, pulitzer prize winners, trainers, boxers, authors, renowned reporters. Yep. All idiots.

You know, I had a lot of respect for you at the beginning of this thing. Had a lot of respect for you when things even got heated. But now to go with this "you're an idiot" talk. lol. That's something.

So like I said. I don't want to hear "take it to the dome." I want to hear that you will assist me in finding 3 unbiased posters for us to present our evidence to, and we will see whom they side with.

There was no reason for you to get so triggered as to result to name calling. This is the second time you've done so, and you can comb through all of my posts and not find one insult aimed toward you.

Do you agree to the debate in the thunderdome? Yes or no? That's all I want to know.
        Yes take it to the dome...again this is a reference thread as usual you do not listen.

Take it to the dome and i will respond Let me know when you set it up

Comment

No, not ignorant of it. The tape was not illegal. I don't know how many times I've had to say that. It was a tape. What do you expect them to do? Say....Oh...there is tape. That is illegal? lol

You are welcome to take Billeau's place in the debate if he declines. I don't mind at all.

Set it up braintravesty, let me know when its up....

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
            Set it up braintravesty, let me know when its up....
            What does braintravesty mean?

Billeau, before I set it up, have I insulted you at all during our discussion of Dempsey?

Comment

Now now, Billieau. I've pointed to various people that agree with the information I've pointed out. We are all "idiots" according to you. These are historians, pulitzer prize winners, trainers, boxers, authors, renowned reporters. Yep. All idiots.

You know, I had a lot of respect for you at the beginning of this thing. Had a lot of respect for you when things even got heated. But now to go with this "you're an idiot" talk. lol. That's something.

So like I said. I don't want to hear "take it to the dome." I want to hear that you will assist me in finding 3 unbiased posters for us to present our evidence to, and we will see whom they side with.

There was no reason for you to get so triggered as to result to name calling. This is the second time you've done so, and you can comb through all of my posts and not find one insult aimed toward you.

Do you agree to the debate in the thunderdome? Yes or no? That's all I want to know.
              now now brain travesty... Your a smart one but a bully and I will be glad to put you back to earth...unfortunately I wish we had a topic where there was a disagreement and not an attempt to coerce, but it makes no difference to me junior...and please take all that respect and shove it, you are a jackwad, a bully and an attagonist who looks for a fight in the most mundane things...

I would rather be disrespected by the likes of you, as I do not associate with those who bully either intellectually or otherwise... so please take your respect shove it and start the thread.

As far as judges find the people you can it makes no difference to me: there is not anyone here who would be stupid enough not to understand the issue at hand...except you apparently. But that is not stupidity is it braintravesty? Your a smart one but an arrogant one, and you have just overstepped your bounds.

Comment

now now brain travesty... Your a smart one but a bully and I will be glad to put you back to earth...unfortunately I wish we had a topic where there was a disagreement and not an attempt to coerce, but it makes no difference to me junior...and please take all that respect and shove it, you are a jackwad, a bully and an attagonist who looks for a fight in the most mundane things...
                Dude, I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

I would rather be disrespected by the likes of you, as I do not associate with those who bully either intellectually or otherwise... so please take your respect shove it and start the thread.
                How have I bullied or attempted to bully anyone? This was a simple discussion. I thought that this section was for discussing boxing history. I honestly have no idea what you are talking about here. I'm not sure why you are so triggered.

As far as judges find the people you can it makes no difference to me: there is not anyone here who would be stupid enough not to understand the issue at hand...except you apparently. But that is not stupidity is it braintravesty? Your a smart one but an arrogant one, and you have just overstepped your bounds.
                Again, no idea what you are talking about, dude. I'll set it up. Since you are clearly on fire about something or other, I'll stop trying to understand what's made you into this raving mad man. Cheers.

Comment

You're by God rights I'll join you! Who we fighting, pard? Me & you against the world? I've got your back. Gopher it. What's their evidence? What's ours, by the way? Ha! Ha! Just kidding! Seriously, this debate is??

I like our evidence more all the time, pard. I think we got 'em (Dempseyites) by the short hairs. "Things was awful dirty back then," they say. "But ol' Dempsey, he was clean like a whistle--sportsman, he was. What we mean is, we ain't calling it dirty if lots of otherns was a-doin' it, too."

If it's again' the rules it's dirty. Shoulder to shoulder, we gwang make 'em grasp that black invisible tape does not exist, pard. It's got to be one or the other.

Call any man and his second out of the crowd again, pard o' mine.

Comment

What does braintravesty mean?

Billeau, before I set it up, have I insulted you at all during our discussion of Dempsey?
                    YES you have... You never even responded to or listened to anything I said, you preferred to try to manipulate...You still do not know what my position is because if you did you would realize how foolish what you are about to embark upon is...

Tell me what my position in this argument is do you even know it?

Comment

Dude, I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

How have I bullied or attempted to bully anyone? This was a simple discussion. I thought that this section was for discussing boxing history. I honestly have no idea what you are talking about here. I'm not sure why you are so triggered.

Again, no idea what you are talking about, dude. I'll set it up. Since you are clearly on fire about something or other, I'll stop trying to understand what's made you into this raving mad man. Cheers.
                      The person who posted below you "Left Hook" we have a disagreement about Genetic factors...It is a real disagreement...we could easily take it to the dome and debate it. First of all, I respect lefty and...if he disagrees with me on a point, I don't have to try to get him to acknowledge things I think are relevent, etc. He knows my views, I know his...We could take something up for debate if we both wanted to, or we could just accept a certain level of difference.

YOU DONT EVEN HAVE A DISAGREEMENT WITH ME YOU IDIOT! LOL. Think about it before you do something really stupid, seriously.

I would love to debate you over a difference over something that can be debated and that we have a different opinion about.

I am not going to tell you again Travesty... If YOU LOOK AT MY POSTS, MY POSITION AND YOURS and think about it carefully instead of trying to get me to acknowledge things you are trying to force upon... Well like I said

YOU are intelligent, why don't you look carefully and think it through as i should not need to say anything else in this section.

I am trying to resist the temptation to simply restate it, it only means something ifyou see it and I know your smart enough to see it...You have the intelligence, I don't know what else to say.

Comment

Working...
                      X