Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commentatores calling for fights to be stopped pver broken hand!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commentatores calling for fights to be stopped pver broken hand!!!

I mean this was BS.Im not sayin Wach was gonna win this fight but for DR Lampley and DR Kellorman(these guys plead for fights to be stopped EVERY broadcast)to keep going on about it being stopped over br hand is BS.I mean cmon its one broken hand if the fighter wants to quit that's one thing(although cant say would not ? his heart maybe).But for Reff to stop it is going way to far.But thing is all these reffs/corner guys know there going get hammered by these DRs if they don't stop it.Im not a guy who wants to see Cooney/Norton,Mercer/Morrison but I do expect to see guys given the chance to survive a liitle rough time.Again this is not sayin that Wach(who showed very little desire/stamina)was gonna change outcome but if this s hite keeps up iys gonna rule our sport.Good luck ever seeing a fight like Castilo/Corrales1 again.

Kellerman been begging for fights to get stopped a lot this year. He wanted Naoyo Inoue's last fight to be stopped after the first round

Comment

Originally posted by DumpkinsPlus5 View Post
      Kellerman been begging for fights to get stopped a lot this year. He wanted Naoyo Inoue's last fight to be stopped after the first round
      He's a sissy. Probably **** his pants knowing he's going to have watch a Monster for longer than one round.

Comment

Originally posted by DumpkinsPlus5 View Post
        He does it EVERY broadcast!Its like it bothers him to make his money off bloodsport.If he wants to keep fighters from getting hurt WHY DONT HE START WITH GUY SITTING TO HIS RIGHT.Or go to next commish that Toney is fightin under.Thats how guys get hurt fightin TOO LONG.You can only make this so safe and have it be BOXING.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Didymus View Post
          He's a sissy. Probably **** his pants knowing he's going to have watch a Monster for longer than one round.
          Its gonna ruin our sport.Dont think for sec that these refs/cornermen don't know whats being said.And these two(DR Lamps,DR Kell)are not the only guys startin to do this there just the worst.

Comment

I mean its a fricken Broken hand for crying out load.And it will rob us all of ever seeing anything EVEN CLOSE to Castilo/Correles1 or half of Gatti fights.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
              Its gonna ruin our sport.Dont think for sec that these refs/cornermen don't know whats being said.And these two(DR Lamps,DR Kell)are not the only guys startin to do this there just the worst.
              No doubt. Not a real fighter in the world who wouldn't prefer to leave the ring hands held high or stretched out cold from trying.

The narrative Lampley, Kellerman and co are creating is basically creating an environment for ******* who quit at the first sign of trouble. Give me a fighter who will take his beating or knockout like a man any day like the good old days.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Didymus View Post
                No doubt. Not a real fighter in the world who wouldn't prefer to leave the ring hands held high or stretched out cold from trying.

The narrative Lampley, Kellerman and co are creating is basically creating an environment for ******* who quit at the first sign of trouble. Give me a fighter who will take his beating or knockout like a man any day like the good old days.
                Sure a s hite fight though broken hand!!But like I said if the fighter wants to quit fine(but like I also said I'm gonna ?his heart)But for a FAKE dr wanna be commentator shut up or get out of sport(like Cosell)I mean what THE HELL can happen to to guy who hurts his hand besides hurt it worse poss but were not talking brain injury or nothing.I mean just 10 yrs or more ago esp 20 you would get run out of sport for quiting over hand.Buts it worse for these commentators to pressure refs/corner guys to stop fights too soon.Wanns save fighters don't let Roy,J tonry,SSM(If not for botched surgery he would still active)Fight anymore afte their clearly shot and/or showing signs of brain damage(Toney,SSM.

Comment

We had Paulie Malignaggi in the UK, cant even remember him mentioning it tbh, wasnt really taking much notice of it later on though, fight was boring. First time I noticed something was up was when you mentioned it in the RBR thread. I thought the doctors stopped by the fight though, thats what they were saying on the UK commentary.

Comment

Sometimes, it's reasonable to stop a fight for a broken hand, particularly if the guy was already losing every round. Fans have no sense of career strategy and don't realize that wrecking your hand and taking damage to the brain (because you can't fight back as well) make you weaker in every fight you have from there on out.

If you have a chance to win and it's a critical fight, by all means, gut it out. If your team thinks it's only going to make your future worse, they may be wise to stop it.

Comment

Working...
                    X