Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rank any 147 and below fighter over Henry Armstrong?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rank any 147 and below fighter over Henry Armstrong?

It's hard for me to rank any of the smaller weight fighters above Hammerin' Hank because of what he accomplished. He was the undisputed champion when he won his titles.

There were probably more athletically gifted fighters, but stacking everything together it's hard to put someone above him.

I think he's the #3 P4P fighter of all time...

Arguments can be made for others as well

But essentially, do you have a little drawback when you say that someone else is the best Welter or Featherweight at all time?

I can rate SRL and Floyd over him

Comment

You my friend are evil. A genius, and much to my chagrin I can't answer your question.

Btw, thanks! & **** you in a good way.
      Last edited by Zaroku; 10-19-2016, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
        You my friend are evil. A genius, and my ch to my chagrin I can't answer your question.

Btw, thanks! & **** you in a good way.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
          I can rate SRL and Floyd over him
          I feel you from an athletic standpoint based on weeing them fight, but I don't think that they accomplished a feat that could match holding 3 belts in three different divisions at the same time. And what gives it even more merit is the fact that they were single titles. I love SLR and May as well, but what Armstrong was able to do will likely never be matched.

Comment

All kinds of people beat Armstrong at 147. He is a midget, 5' 5" and a natural 126 pounder. Strictly below welterweight, then we have something to talk about.

Robinson
            R. Leonard
            Hearns
            Benitez
            Gavilan
            Trinidad
            De La Hoya

All outbox him or KO him, in my opinion. De La Hoya only if he can keep from pooping out. Basilio has excellent chances to rough him up, and I cannot see Mickey Walker losing to Armstrong as a welterweight. The 147 pound Langford might kill Armstrong. Of course he didn't Kill Barbados Joe Walcott, but they may have weighed a little less for that fight. Often, Langford seems like the P4P GOAT to me.

P4P Armstrong certainly exceeds some on the above list.
            Last edited by The Old LefHook; 10-19-2016, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
              All kinds of people beat Armstrong at 147. He is a midget, 5' 5" and a natural 126 pounder. Strictly below welterweight, then we have something to talk about.

Robinson
              R. Leonard
              Hearns
              Benitez
              Gavilan
              Trinidad
              De La Hoya

All outbox him or KO him, in my opinion. De La Hoya only if he can keep from pooping out. Basilio has excellent chances to rough him up, and I cannot see Mickey Walker losing to Armstrong as a welterweight. The 147 pound Langford might kill Armstrong. Of course he didn't Kill Barbados Joe Walcott, but they may have weighed a little less for that fight. Often, Langford seems like the P4P GOAT to me.

Hey, I respect your opinion. That's what makes this very interesting. To think of how Hank would deal with the size and length of some of the guys mentioned...especially Hearns.

At the very least though, I believe the record of holing 3 titles in 3 different weight classes at the same time is one to less likely be broken more than any other record out there.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post

Robinson
                R. Leonard
                Hearns
                Benitez
                Gavilan
                Trinidad
                De La Hoya

frankly I agree the best fighter armstrong beat at 147 was Ross who was not near his peak. He made a bunch of defense's against a poor quality of fighters at welter. I think Duran would have beat him at 135 as well. Two strong, smart and hit harder

Comment

I rank Roberto Duran higher maybe im a fanboy but Roberto is monster,vicious body work,and sadistic pleseur from being hit,jesus what a monster.

Comment

Are you talking about accomplishments and resume or who would beat who head to head?

Comment

Working...
                    X