Emanuel steward: "There are not any plans for Cotto to fight Martinez"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emanuel steward: "There are not any plans for Cotto to fight Martinez"

THANK GOD!

Otherwise we'd have to hear Emmaual in the corner screaming "I TOLD YOU NOT TO TAKE THIS FIGHT. I WOULD'VE TOOK MARGARITIO. I KNEW THIS WAS GONNA HAPPEN!"

I like Manny Steward and all but that "I knew this was gonna happen" attitude of his is annoying and OLD now.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Hall View Post
      THANK GOD!

Otherwise we'd have to hear Emmaual in the corner screaming "I TOLD YOU NOT TO TAKE THIS FIGHT. I WOULD'VE TOOK MARGARITIO. I KNEW THIS WAS GONNA HAPPEN!"

I like Manny Steward and all but that "I knew this was gonna happen" attitude of his is annoying and OLD now.
      It sounded to me like Steward wanted to see the fight happen. He explains it's unlikely do to promoter problems.

Comment

Im all in for it if it happens

Comment

well, there shouldn't be. he'd get the **** kicked out of him.

Comment

Since Martinez is with Dibella, the question is what promoter does Top Rank actually work with? And would he actually put his fighter against another promoter's fighter if his were the underdog going in?

It's easy to put your fighter up against Don King's if your fighter is a 10-1 or better favorite. Martinez-Cotto, Martinez would be 3-1 or 4-1 max., but that's too much of a risk. If his fighter's going to take that risk, he better be shot or not wanting to resign a promotional deal with him.

Comment

steward knows cotto has no business fighting a guy like martinez

Comment

What he's saying is, Arum won't let Cotto in a fight that tough unless the guy he's fighting is also with Top Rank.

Cotto would get destroyed by Martinez at 154 and everyone knows it, so Arum would rather not throw away one of his most popular fighters to build up a DiBella promoted guy.

Of course, at the end of the day it's on Cotto to decide who he will fight, but i'm sure he'll avoid Martinez just like Chavez Jr.

Comment

cotto would get blown out of the water, its now official martinez has proper KO power, skills, great stamina, and has a warriors spirit that can't be denied, at least as of now, it's a stacked deck against cotto if they were to fight.

Comment

thank goodness...id rather see cotto chavez jr before the winner gets taken apart by martinez...

Comment

Working...
                    X