Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most skilled fighter ever.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot about Duran. Maybe the best lightweight of all time. Still I can't pick a certain clear number 1 best boxer of all time. There are just too many great ones for me to be sure any one boxer was really better than all the rest.

Comment

Ray Robinson

Barney Ross

Benny Leonard

Willie Pep

Ezzard Charles

Archie Moore

Roberto Duran

Ray Leonard

Salvador Sanchez

Just to name a few.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Ariel Hernandez - he was like a MW Rigondeaux with a great inside game.

Flawless footwork who moved elegantly like a ballerina, lightning fast reflexes, laser like accuracy with the touch of death in either hand. Absolutely unstoppable during the late 80s to mid 90s.
        He just processed everything so quick you made any mistake you paid. Its a shame there's such limited footage considering his credentials.

Hernandez was a great fighter, he could have won a third medal in the 2000 olympics but he wasn't allowed to go to 81 kg.
        In his own words he wasn't a good inside fighter but he didn't liked when people thought that they could brawl with him without consequences.

Hernandez about the WSB format: "Probably I would have done horribly since it looks more like pro boxing where you need to brawl more, but it is the real boxing".

Comment

ezzard Charles
          Floyd mayweather
          james toney
          ray leonard
          Salvador sanchez
          ricardo lopez
          willie pep
          loma is amazing skill wise as well

im sure there are many more but there is no way to say who is the greatest

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
            Who do you think is the best fighter ever in terms of overall skills? Who is the most complete fighter?
            Sugar Ray Robinson.

Comment

Jose Napoles to me was perfect in every aspect, his only weakness seemed to be his paper thin skin, when you get to the level of these guys being mentioned though you're splitting hairs really, Duran, Charles, Spinks, Robinson, Monzon, Leonard, Jofre (admit he is a person favourite as well though), Roy Jones, Mayweather etc, it's difficult for me to pick one over the other.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                Holyfield is the answer if we are talking total package of balance of arsenal along with style bc he could fight in any direction and switch from aggressor to counter puncher as well ,had great hand speed and combination punching .

His ability to stay in the pocket with bigger punchers too is added here and he had great sense of position and timing when he used it . A dominant Cruiser fighter who also out fought top level HW's .He probably also couldve won a LHW title where he started off . He also was successful with multiple trainers , had he stayed with Steward after defeating Bowe who knows how his career pans out ?
                Doesn't seem to get get enough mention when these threads pop up (Which is fairly common obviously), he's the Cruiserweight equivalent of what people makes Jones to be at Light Heavy, flawless.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                  Jose Napoles to me was perfect in every aspect, his only weakness seemed to be his paper thin skin, when you get to the level of these guys being mentioned though you're splitting hairs really, Duran, Charles, Spinks, Robinson, Monzon, Leonard, Jofre (admit he is a person favourite as well though), Roy Jones, Mayweather etc, it's difficult for me to pick one over the other.
                  I'm a huge Jofre fan. He's probably my favorite old-school fighter of all-time. I recently came across the full Jose Legra fight but have only found 4 full fights of his in about 17 years of searching.

Do you have any other full fights other than Harada I & II, Legra and Medel I? I've got a lot of highlights but **** out of luck finding full fights.

Comment

QNobody has dominated the game as conclusively and undebateably as Floyd Mayweather Jr, and he did it for his entire career.

He made himself look invincible, he dominated some of the best fighters in the world and fought as perfect a technical fight a human being could fight. Everytime he stepped into the ring, he proved that he was a class above everyone else (except castillo 1)

If I had to pick the most skilled fighter of all time, I would have to pick Floyd.
                    Last edited by DARKSEID; 03-09-2018, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X