Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens if GGG easily beats Canelo!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IF GGG was able to beat Canelo, and rather easily. Then I would finally buy into the hype train that the majority of you did so easily.

Nothing more nothing less.

However, if it's a good close fight and Canelo wins/looses then I wonder if this same hype train will give credit in reverse. Or if Canelo wins easily, what will people say about GGG and Canelo?

All anybody wants GGG to do is fight somebody with a pulse, even if he has to shed 5 lbs, or gain 8.

Even if he dragged Pacquiao up to 160. He would get more credit then knocking out Monroe Jr and Wade in the same night.

Weight isn't the tell all of a winner of a fight. Skill also has quote a bit to do with that, people on this site seem to have forgotten that.

Sad that, a 144lb Pacquiao would be GGG's best, and STRONGEST opponent to date.

Somehow, people are content with this, that's my issue.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
      IF GGG was able to beat Canelo, and rather easily. Then I would finally buy into the hype train that the majority of you did so easily.

However, if it's a good close fight and Canelo wins/looses then I wonder if this same hype train will give credit in reverse. Or if Canelo wins easily, what will people say about GGG and Canelo?

All anybody wants GGG to do is fight somebody with a pulse, even if he has to shed 5 lbs, or gain 8.

Even if he dragged Pacquiao up to 160. He would get more credit then knocking out Monroe Jr and Wade in the same night.

Weight isn't the tell all of a winner of a fight. Skill also has quote a bit to do with that, people on this site seem to have forgotten that.

via GIPHY

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post

Gennady will stop Canelo late.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsguy View Post
          Stoppage before late rounds. Tell me what happens! What would Floyd say?
          Absolutely nothing (though likely defaulting to the general platitudes of him being a "strong competitor).

The facts still won't change; Golovkin won't instantly become boxing superstar by transitivity, and Floyd would still be a 40-year old welterweight, waist deep in being the face of a full-on boxing promotional company.

People still don't believe it but I doubt that Floyd ever puts himself in position to take any type of physical damage ever again.

Mayweather Promotions(with Floyd likely making most of that for himself), once everything was counted, likely made $400m+ on the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight; the Berto fight settling out the last obligation on the deal to Showtime, I doubt that Floyd would've even stepped in for #49 if it wasn't owed on the contract.

Is Mayweather-Golovkin even a $100m fight to Floyd? never in life, lol.

Comment

Don't worry, Canelo is going to get his catchweight. He is going to pay dearly for it too. GGG was 159 at the weigh in. He still could have went lower.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
              Dude is nearly 40. Tell me what all the top ATGs were doing at that age.

****ing hilarious.
              They probably weren't calling easy work active fighters who'd smash them ugly

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                the site would crash.

Its very possible he put's a beating on Canelo and a couple posters disappear forever
                don't think the site would crash over that...it wouldn't be an upset like pac-jmm 4 or maidana - broner

for the most part its general consensus (aside from die hard canelo fans) that GGG beats canelo

Comment

GGG will face the same thing Floyd did where their wins always get played down. If GGG KO's Canelo they will say Canelo never really beat any Middleweights anyway and struggled against the better fighters he fought. If he KO'd Jacobs they'll say he's chinny etc. Same as Floyd never really got any credit for a lot of his wins i.e Mosley was old, even though he had KO'd Margarito, or Canelo was young and drained, even though many said Floyd would NEVER fight him and Canelo's team suggested 152 etc. etc.

That would be the ironic thing. I've noticed a lot of Mayweather fans seem to want to dismiss anything Golovkin does well, when their own guy got treated exactly the same way and they fought his cause.

At the end of the day, GGG is never going to get any credit unless he went upto 175 and beat Ward or Kovalev. The same way people wouldn't seem to be happy until Floyd fought someone like GGG even though he would be at a huge size disadvantage. When you seem that much better than your peers around your weightclass, then people are desperate to see you lose and try to create almost unrealistic fights for you.

It's very possible GGG stops Canelo early. Will he get his credit? probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by ramses07 View Post
                    don't think the site would crash over that...it wouldn't be an upset like pac-jmm 4 or maidana - broner

for the most part its general consensus (aside from die hard canelo fans) that GGG beats canelo
                    No. It would crash if Canelo is asn't marketing.

Comment

Originally posted by ramses07 View Post

Maidana beating Broner wasn't that big of a upset and it wasn't a big fight.

But just imagined if Canelo beat GGG, this site would go crazy.

Comment

Working...
                      X