Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather & Schaefer meet up after the fight. Big things planned according to Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Sounds like Schaefer might finally be taking that PBC position or become a PBC promoter.
    I was reading hints about this happening. It would be a good move and the sport would be getting a boost because of it

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
      Setting up some big Jleon Love & Ishe Smith fights!

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
        Well I hope Floyd knows how to count If Shafer ripped off Oscar what makes you think he won't rip off Floyd ? Once a thief always a thief
        Or maybe Floyd knows what happened and isn't assuming everything Oscar said is true, unlike you.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
          Yep. It's not like he took a start up promotional company and turned it into a powerhouse and number 1 promotional company in boxing.. Schaefer DKSAB!
          Yep. GBP was built upon Oscar being dreamy looking

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
          Well I hope Floyd knows how to count If Shafer ripped off Oscar what makes you think he won't rip off Floyd ? Once a thief always a thief
          I think its disputable how much or if at all Schaefer "ripped off" Oscar. I think there is some alliances that were made while Oscar was off doing coke & wearing panties & fishnets that were being made to strengthen the debut of whats now known as PBC that was for sure an opportunistic move. But I hardly think it makes Schaefer the OJ Simpson of boxing.

I think promoters having long term deals with fighters is ultimately bad for boxing. And I don't think its all bad to not have them. I think it allows for more moves to be made by the promoter anyway so I can't act like I think Schaefer not signing all fighters fighting under the GBP banner as some unforgivable act of betrayal.

I also feel there is an argument to be made that had Schaefer requested Haymon fighters be signed to long term GBP deals back then Haymon just takes his business to another promoter who would be willing to work without a long term deal with the fighters.

Comment

Sounds like Schaefer might finally be taking that PBC position or become a PBC promoter. Curious to see what he ends up doing. If he has the right role I think this could be a push PBC needs.

I doubt this is Mayweather Promotions releated.
            Schaefer ain't no dum, doe.

Comment

I am no Oscar fan but Schaefer apparently stabbed his long time friend in the back. He should fit right in with Haymon who he was secretly working with while he was supposed to be working with Oscar. Some friend.

Comment

Yep. GBP was built upon Oscar being dreamy looking

I think its disputable how much or if at all Schaefer "ripped off" Oscar. I think there is some alliances that were made while Oscar was off doing coke & wearing panties & fishnets that were being made to strengthen the debut of whats now known as PBC that was for sure an opportunistic move. But I hardly think it makes Schaefer the OJ Simpson of boxing.

I think promoters having long term deals with fighters is ultimately bad for boxing. And I don't think its all bad to not have them. I think it allows for more moves to be made by the promoter anyway so I can't act like I think Schaefer not signing all fighters fighting under the GBP banner as some unforgivable act of betrayal.

I also feel there is an argument to be made that had Schaefer requested Haymon fighters be signed to long term GBP deals back then Haymon just takes his business to another promoter who would be willing to work without a long term deal with the fighters.
                He didn't rip off Oscar. Oscar is a liar. Oscar isn't able to tell the truth because there's a gag order. So he tip toes around the truth and throws things out there and the media rolls with it because they love Oscar. Schaefer calls him a liar and keeps it moving. The truth of the matter is that Schaefer did resign fighters. And from what I understood from reading many articles is Haymon put a "key man" provision in the contract. Meaning if Schaefer left the company there was a buyout option for his fighters. That's a standard practice in the music industry. Oscar slipped up and admitted fighters were resigned and Haymon bought them out when he started PBC. That's why Oscar claimed damages started in Jan, before a single PBC fight took place and the suit was filed in May.

The story stems from the settlement agreement, signed last year on Dec. 18 and 19 by Haymon, Schaefer and De La Hoya. According to De La Hoya, in the process of negotiating the settlement, Haymon communicated "affirmative statements" about working with Golden Boy to promote his fighters in the future. Yet according to a declaration of Al Haymon, 20 days later on Jan. 8, 2015, he "exercised a discretionary right" to end his business relationship with Golden Boy (and presumably buy out his fighters).

De La Hoya claims Golden Boy never would've made the agreement had they known Haymon would buy out his fighters so soon and, therefore, have been damaged in excess of $100 million.
                http://goo.gl/4bTPE3

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  I am no Oscar fan but Schaefer apparently stabbed his long time friend in the back. He should fit right in with Haymon who he was secretly working with while he was supposed to be working with Oscar. Some friend.
                  Like it or not boxing is setup in a every man for himself sorta way these days. I'm sure there are all sorts of facts & rumors too small or notable to trickle down to fans among all sorts of fighters, managers, promoters & networks that would change your opinion about a bunch of cats in the business if you were to know about them.

Personally I'm a fan of boxing coming on board with just about every other sport people partake in these days & starting an elite fighter league where advancing boxing would be the primary goal instead of marinating for dollars, but we are a long ways from anything like that still & until then you will see all sorts of deceitful **** & lacking of morals type **** go down.

Comment

Let's go Schaefer bring back the man who solely built Golden Boys from scratch!

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                      He didn't rip off Oscar. Oscar is a liar. Oscar isn't able to tell the truth because there's a gag order. So he tip toes around the truth and throws things out there and the media rolls with it because they love Oscar. Schaefer calls him a liar and keeps it moving. The truth of the matter is that Schaefer did resign fighters. And from what I understood from reading many articles is Haymon put a "key man" provision in the contract. Meaning if Schaefer left the company there was a buyout option for his fighters. That's a standard practice in the music industry. Oscar slipped up and admitted fighters were resigned and Haymon bought them out when he started PBC. That's why Oscar claimed damages started in Jan, before a single PBC fight took place and the suit was filed in May.

http://goo.gl/4bTPE3
                      I have never heard of the buyout music type resigning of fighters situation (I'd be curious to read more about that), but I think you can admit thats not standard practice in boxing.

And I'm a Schaefer fan, but its impossible to suggest he didn't do some seedy & opportunistic type **** that can be argued was counterproductive to GBP, at least from Oscar's point of view. If it ultimately was is something no one here is close enough to really know (imho), but I believe there is an argument to be made for or against Schaefer & to fully know how effed up what Schaefer did was you'd have to know the finer points of Oscar's & Richard's dealings & business plans/approach.

Comment

Working...
                      X