Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is more gifted skilled talented etc. Floyd, Rigo,Ward,Loma, Gonzalez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are all very close to even except Ward who is not in their class and doesn't belong with that group in my opinion. Ward is good but the rest are much better. Gonzalez is the best and Mayweather, Rigo and Loma are a three way tie with Mayweather is probably the second best after Gonzalez because he has so many great wins and no losses. In the short time they have been pros Rigo and Loma have shown amazing skill and potential. Ward is not good enough to be in this group. He holds and wrestles and illegally holds and hits and gets away with it because he fights close to home.

Comment

I don't get it with Rigo.

I know he does have a lot of talent, but he also has a lot of flaws. You can probably count on your fingers the amount of times Floyd has been hit flush in a 19 year career, 18 years of world title fights and look at the names he's been in with. Yet Rigo has been slapped around the ring by journeymen and shows a lot of defensive flaws too. He is obviously talented but i think people are willing to ignore the reality and the facts and act like he doesn't get floored by C and D level fighters. I honestly believe he's a knockout waiting to happen and he's been dining out on the Donaire fight, who i believe was already in decline, it's his only real good win and even in that fight he got put on his ass again.
      Last edited by deathofaclown; 06-10-2015, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
        I don't get it with Rigo.

I know he does have a lot of talent, but he also has a lot of flaws. You can probably count on your fingers the amount of times Floyd has been hit flush in a 19 year career, 18 years of world title fights and look at the names he's been in with. Yet Rigo has been slapped around the ring by journeymen and shows a lot of defensive flaws too. He is obviously talented but i think people are willing to ignore the reality and the facts and act like he doesn't get floored by C and D level fighters. I honestly believe he's a knockout waiting to happen and he's been dining out on the Donaire fight, who i believe was already in decline, it's his only real good win and even in that fight he got put on his ass again.
        Don't say stuff like this that makes sense here unless you're looking for a fight.
        Some guys are so deluded about this guy that they probably see him levitating while fighting opponents, instead of the guy that got dropped by some full-time sushi vendor.

Comment

I do not understand how you can compare a certified ATG with noobs who have under 15 pro fights..it is stupid

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            I do not understand how you can compare a certified ATG with noobs who have under 15 pro fights..it is stupid
            Those guys are nowhere near as talented as many in these forums like to believe they are. Although very good they are not of Floyd's caliber.

The closest thing to Floyd is Rigo but Rigo doesn't have the accolades to compete with Floyd and he is very chinny which is always a huge flaw. Loma has great speed and fundamentals but he has shown his susceptible to overwhelming size and pressure. And Ward has is one of the most complete fighters in boxing (behind Floyd and Rigo) but he lacks the athletic gifts of the very best in boxing. I'm not sure how successful he will be if he moves up to 175.

Floyd is still above all the guys listed.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              They are all very close to even except Ward who is not in their class and doesn't belong with that group in my opinion. Ward is good but the rest are much better. Gonzalez is the best and Mayweather, Rigo and Loma are a three way tie with Mayweather is probably the second best after Gonzalez because he has so many great wins and no losses. In the short time they have been pros Rigo and Loma have shown amazing skill and potential. Ward is not good enough to be in this group. He holds and wrestles and illegally holds and hits and gets away with it because he fights close to home.
              I don't care how dirty you think Ward is, he knows how to hold his own up close and he's defensively responsible at all times. On top of that his resume shits on most of those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                Those guys are nowhere near as talented as many in these forums like to believe they are. Although very good they are not of Floyd's caliber.

The closest thing to Floyd is Rigo but Rigo doesn't have the accolades to compete with Floyd and he is very chinny which is always a huge flaw. Loma has great speed and fundamentals but he has shown his susceptible to overwhelming size and pressure. And Ward has is one of the most complete fighters in boxing (behind Floyd and Rigo) but he lacks the athletic gifts of the very best in boxing. I'm not sure how successful he will be if he moves up to 175.

Floyd is still above all the guys listed.
                I dont see how Ward is in any way behind Rigondeaux, that's fucking ridiculous and I say that with respect.

Comment

Floyd easily. Even at 38.

Comment

Floyd the most well rounded of the bunch, imo.

I'm gonna say Rigo for a distant runner up but will agree he has some flaws. Ward could well be argued the next runner up.

Comment

Did you really include Loma and Gonzalez with the likes of Rigo and Floyd?

Comment

Working...
                      X