No announcement yet.

The Official: " El Chacal" Rigondeaux vs "Hi-Tech" Lomachenko RbR Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Both these guys are specimens. I watched one vid where Lomo hopped across the ring doing handstands. I know the guy only weighs around 130, but it was very impressive nonetheless.
    I know, Loma's got the arms of a T-Rex, he should've been a weight lifter.

Comment

• Originally posted by pesticid View Post
      I know, Loma's got the arms of a T-Rex, he should've been a weight lifter.
      Haha From what I understand, he’s pretty good at everything he does. No surprise. They say the same thing about Rigo. Men as good as they are at anything are usually pretty competent in general. I’ve seen Guillermo rap in Spanish. He’s actually pretty good. Lol

Comment

Haha From what I understand, he’s pretty good at everything he does. No surprise. They say the same thing about Rigo. Men as good as they are at anything are usually pretty competent in general. I’ve seen Guillermo rap in Spanish. He’s actually pretty good. Lol
        Please watch the 3rd round of this fight and look at the uppercuts Toledo is landing to the body. Now, Toledo is a good fighter but he was never one of the better fighters on the Cuban team and that's why he's out now. This video can't be embed

https://youtu.be/tiFBp8Lo4oE

Comment

Please watch the 3rd round of this fight and look at the uppercuts Toledo is landing to the body. Now, Toledo is a good fighter but he was never one of the better fighters on the Cuban team and that's why he's out now. This video can't be embed

https://youtu.be/tiFBp8Lo4oE
          Interesting to watch, but I’m not sure what it means to this upcoming fight. This was an amateur Lomachenko fighting five years ago.

Comment

Interesting to watch, but I’m not sure what it means to this upcoming fight. This was an amateur Lomachenko fighting five years ago.
            Loma's open to the body, got big torso and likes the high guard. Even skittish Marriaga landed a strong body shot on Loma I believe in the 5th round and stopped him in his tracks. Also, let's not forget about Salido. I know Salido was dirty and came in overweight but guys like Gamboa and JMM tore through him like he was nothing.

I could link 6 fights where Loma lost 2 and could've lost the other 4 in the pros and in the AMS. I can't find a single fight of Rigo where he's been close to losing and I've never seen anybody land a clean shot to Rigo's body who is a phenomenal body puncher himself.

Comment

Loma's open to the body, got big torso and likes the high guard. Even skittish Marriaga landed a strong body shot on Loma I believe in the 5th round and stopped him in his tracks. Also, let's not forget about Salido. I know Salido was dirty and came in overweight but guys like Gamboa and JMM tore through him like he was nothing.

I could link 6 fights where Loma lost 2 and could've lost the other 4 in the pros and in the AMS. I can't find a single fight of Rigo where he's been close to losing and I've never seen anybody land a clean shot to Rigo's body who is a phenomenal body puncher himself.
              Gotcha. I hope that propensity is still there. If anyone can exploit it it’s Rigo. One good left-hand liver shot and it could be all over.

Comment

• My prediction is not in the poll, so I will just spell it out here.

I see it going even at first, but Loma starting to get the better of it by the 4th round. By the 7th round he is completely dominating Rigo and knocks him down. As the ref is administering the count, Bob Arum enters the ring and hits loma over the head with a steel chair rendering him unconscious. Rigo rises before 10 and the ref counts out Loma. Rigo then jumps into Arum's arms and pulls off Arum's mask showing that Arum is actually Fidel Castro, who faked his own death for this monumental event!

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  I knew Bob was going to switch up on us like a tranny.

You make some good points though, bs aside, though I don't think age will affect Rigo here - he doesn't take much punishment, and he is a fantastic defensive fighter with power (power being the last major attribute to fade with age).

I think this must is much closer than you expect. This is the best opponent either would have faced professionally, and this might end up being the best win on Lomachenko's record if he wins when it's all said and done. Nevermind resumes, Rigo is a phenom. So is Lomachenko, and that's what makes this fight outstanding for boxing purists.
                  If Rigo's power doesn't carry up, he might have some problems.

Comment

• Changed my opinion about how this fight will end. I think Loma wins by a decision, not by KO.

Both fighters are too good & too skilled to get KO'd, they at this level.

Comment

• I can't wait to see how their footwork matches up with each other. They are the two fighters with probably the best footwork of all time. Its insane.

They both create so much off of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X