No announcement yet.

What makes the USA so great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Comic DON View Post
    I see this question get asked a lot and most of the time I find the answer to the question to be wrong. You have the folks comparing us to 3rd world countries which aren't fair. And then you have the less than well informed saying stupid stuff like "we have the best propaganda".

The US gets a lot of credit for its accomplishments from the past. The US has single handily changed the world. Saved Europe, defeated the Russians, defeated Germany, temporarily killed the oppressive ideology of communism, enshrined the greatest economic system in capitalism, and solved many of the world's problems.

The US is starting to lose a lot of its luster. The culture is starting to become stale, freedom is no longer a core principal to many residents, and most of our entertainment now just propaganda.

But even currently we are the biggest providers worldwide both militarily and economically, without us many countries wouldn't exist as they do today.
    I didn't say we don't have the most bad ass military. We for sure have the greatest military. And our economy is pretty f#cking great too. For me personally, and I imagine for the average person greatness isn't about or primarily about our international murder rate & cash exclusively doe. And some of those non-military & non-cash things are where the US is lacking. And the reality that you see blowing sh^t up & cash as the leading reasons a place should be great just shows me the propaganda is still working.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
      This. America, for the most part, gets a lot of credit for past achievements that happened during and after WW2.
      .. which for the most part they actually weren't involved in.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
        .. which for the most part they actually weren't involved in.
        Yeah, but once they did get involved they contributed quite a bit. I think the only sleight you can make towards America is they waited so long to get involved while many Europeans lost their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Sh^t man you can live like a king in a third world country if you're middle class now or 20 years ago I bet. A Vietnamese homie was telling me how cheap sh^t is there awhile back. I had to look sh^t up to believe him. Thailand too would be a good one from my understanding.

When Elon Musk makes some crazy invention that can get you across the world in a 30 minute commute mfers gonna be making third world countries embedded with people who'll almost exclusively be working from home by that point probably & living like royalty in some foreign country.
          We gonna be Kangs and sheit

Comment

Originally posted by The Comic DON View Post
            Care to refute my points?

What is it you disagree with?
            Pretty much all the bolded parts capitalism been around since the middle ages and when exactly did US single handedly saved Europe? When did the US defeat Russia? Explain how the US killed communism

You probably the type that think the Berlin Wall came down because of Ronald Reagan speech in 87

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
              Yeah, but once they did get involved they contributed quite a bit. I think the only sleight you can make towards America is they waited so long to get involved while many Europeans lost their lives.
              I wasn't talking about America, I was talking about Fat Yankistan.

It was all over by the time they got involved... let's face it, it's like you've finished a shag, and right at the end some burger-eater jumps in, plays with her clit for 10 seconds and goes "that orgasm she had was all down to me."

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                You probably the type that think the Berlin Wall came down because of Ronald Reagan speech in 87

Solid pwn.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  I didn't say we don't have the most bad ass military. We for sure have the greatest military. And our economy is pretty f#cking great too. For me personally, and I imagine for the average person greatness isn't about or primarily about our international murder rate & cash exclusively doe. And some of those non-military & non-cash things are where the US is lacking. And the reality that you see blowing sh^t up & cash as the leading reasons a place should be great just shows me the propaganda is still working.
                  Seems like a rather dense response but I'll try to answer back as best I can.

You're conflating two different things together. The reason America is considered a great country and what makes

OP asked what makes America great which is clearly our role in WW2, the fact that Europe was ravaged for many years after the war, our economic model, the art we have produced, and the charity of the country.

Now if your argument is what makes America the greatest country to live in I would have to say that's subjective because some prefer different economic models, cultures but America would still rank as one of the best places to live and as you can see it's hard for us to get rid of anyone.

I think your self-have indulged in a bit too much propaganda yourself and can't seem to see where you go wrong in your summaries.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                    Too right, brother. Though you forgot to mention conquering the Martians, and getting Ben Affleck to blow up that asteroid. The entire planet would have been done if not for that.

When people say to me "why is Fat Yankistan so great?" my answer is always the same: I can buy guns easily to shoot people with, picking up a 2-for-1 deal at my local Wal Mart. And the bonus is, not only am I just defending myself as part of the constitution, but they won't be able to sue me as they'll be too broke from paying the hospital fees.

USA! USA! USA!

You also forgot Rambo saving Japan's ass from Godzilla in the Napoleon-Mothra War of 1866. Lincoln texted about it riding his atomic powered Bald Eagle while eating Slim Jim's.

Kids aren't hitting the history books these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                      You also forgot Rambo saving Japan's ass from Godzilla in the Napoleon-Mothra War of 1866. Lincoln texted about it riding his atomic powered Bald Eagle while eating Slim Jim's.

Kids aren't hitting the history books these days.

My man, I'm not even going to TRY to top that.

(Though I always found it funny that Rambo helped start ISIS in Rambo III)

Comment

Working...
                      X