No announcement yet.

Video:China's stealth fighter J-20 makes public debut

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amazinger View Post
    Looks like the CHEAP version of Grippen.
    that stealth is making too much NOISE these days.
    Looks nothing like the gripen.

Aside from the canard foreplanes.

Which btw is not stealthy.

Canards are popular because it helps with extreme maneuverability

But it's drawback is it returns radar signals.

That's why f22 and other stealth fighters don't use it.

All the euro fighters use it though.

Typhoon, rafale n gripen.

Even the super modern version of russian sukhoi su-27. The su-33/35/37 types.

Comment

Originally posted by Lullaby View Post
      So its no where near as capable as F22 or F35??
      Doubt it can handle f22.

Maybe f35. Not a big fan of f35. I think its a costly mistake.

Comment

I imagine a reflective Lazer grid could defeat stealth tech eventually.... It would be a detection tech only and perhaps a tracking tech once locked on....

That would involve measuring the disruption of a alternating intensity Lazer's return signature.... It's a very subtle return... I'm not sure if anyone is even aware of how to measure the return reflection of a interrupted laser signal...

The premise is simple... A uninterrupted laser has a constant degree of density... When that signal is broken or interrupted a minut reflection is reverberate it back... This reflection results in increased density of the laser signal... This increased density can be measured or detected at the point of origin.... Therefore anything that disrupts the Lazer path will be detected through minut increase in the Lasers density...

So any airplane, missile or even bird that breaks the plain of the Laser can be detected through the increased density of the originating Laser...
        Depending on how concentrated the Laser grid is, the size & speed of the object can be determined....

It's the result of the combination of having too much time on my hands and a mind that never shuts up...
        Last edited by MindGame; 11-02-2016, 08:56 PM.

Comment

What do the 'fat yanks' think of that??? USA would be shell shocked ..

Thoughts?
          It's their newest invention top of the line 2016 model, but unfortunately it's still far behind our f-22 that came out in 2000. What do we think of that?

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            It'll probably break tomorrow.
            I heard they were selling parts for them in dollar general

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
              I heard they were selling parts for them in dollar general
              Heard they built it in the Lego store

Comment

Originally posted by MindGame View Post
                I imagine a reflective Lazer grid could defeat stealth tech eventually.... It would be a detection tech only and perhaps a tracking tech once locked on....

That would involve measuring the disruption of a alternating intensity Lazer's return signature.... It's a very subtle return... I'm not sure if anyone is even aware of how to measure the return reflection of a interrupted laser signal...

The premise is simple... A uninterrupted laser has a constant degree of density... When that signal is broken or interrupted a minut reflection is reverberate it back... This reflection results in increased density of the laser signal... This increased density can be measured or detected at the point of origin.... Therefore anything that disrupts the Lazer path will be detected through minut increase in the Lasers density...

So any airplane, missile or even bird that breaks the plain of the Laser can be detected through the increased density of the originating Laser...
                Depending on how concentrated the Laser grid is, the size & speed of the object can be determined....

It's the result of the combination of having too much time on my hands and a mind that never shuts up...
                No need.

THERE'S radar tech now that can detect stealth.

It's just a question of updating or replacing old radars with these state of the art or experimental radars. Which is pricey.

Stealth is not magic.

It's just materials that absorb SOME of the radar signals and shaping the aircraft to deflect the rest of the radar signals elsewhere to not return to its original radar.

With powerful enough and modern enough radars amd softwares you can track it.

Russians have radars now that can somewhat detect Stealth aircraft already. It's just theyreally not in service or they don't have many of them.

Comment

So its no where near as capable as F22 or F35??
                  And also.....
                  Their pilots have very limited visual and they could not drive...

Comment

Working...
                  X