Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Internet Hate Speech Be Banned?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Internet Hate Speech Be Banned?

It is clear that in modern times people have become very sensitive and emotional. One single rude comment could put them over the edge, causing a full mental breakdown.

Is it time to ban all forms of speech that may offend people on the internet? I fear it is the only thing that can be done, other wise the world will face a mental health crisis the likes of which we have never seen. I think twitter/facebook are doing the right thing by censoring troubling content.

Please share your thoughts on this important issue in a constructive manner, thank you.
    Yes, Vile Hatred has NO Place On The Internet.
    22.22%
    No, I Am A HateFul Ignorant Bigot.
    77.78%

Originally posted by Publius View Post
    It is clear that in modern times people have become very sensitive and emotional. One single rude comment could put them over the edge, causing a full mental breakdown.

Is it time to ban all forms of speech that may offend people on the internet? I fear it is the only thing that can be done, other wise the world will face a mental health crisis the likes of which we have never seen. I think twitter/facebook are doing the right thing by censoring troubling content.

Please share your thoughts on this important issue in a constructive manner, thank you.
    soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo you dont want boxingscene comments sections to exist????

cuz that's what would happen.

IF YOU BAN HATE SPEECH = YOU ARE BANNING LIBERTY, DEMOCRACY, FREEDOM.

Grow a pair.

The world is offensive.

GO LIVE IN CHINA, RUSSIA, OR THE MIDDLE EAST IF YOU WANT SPEECH BANNED.

F@ggot.

Comment

No, individual bannings for people who really suck but nothing like censorship that'd be worse then having to deal with ****tards.

Comment

red k given.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
          soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo you dont want boxingscene comments sections to exist????

cuz that's what would happen.

IF YOU BAN HATE SPEECH = YOU ARE BANNING LIBERTY, DEMOCRACY, FREEDOM.

Grow a pair.

The world is offensive.
          I'm speaking from a utilitarian perspective. The majority of people these days are easily offended and highly emotional. Very few people have what it takes to deal with comments that upset them. Perhaps the government should act to defend the interests of the many.

People have the RIGHT to be showered with praise and compliments they do not deserve. People have the RIGHT to be protected from the truth. People have the RIGHT to only feel happy. No you can say that these aren't actually rights, and you may be right. But most people BELIEVE they are rights, and that's how rights are born.

It's time for you to accept that this is the future.

Comment

YOU DONT LIKE FREEDOM?

GO BACK TO THE MIDDLE EAST.

Comment

Originally posted by HiLo Rudyo! View Post
              No, individual bannings for people who really suck but nothing like censorship that'd be worse then having to deal with ****tards.
              Bans are a form of censorship, of course.

Comment

cant vote with those limited voting options.

PEOPLE, THEY ARE JUST FNCKING WORDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

let that roll around in your head.....

WORDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fncking ****s

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post

YOU DONT LIKE FREEDOM?

GO BACK TO THE MIDDLE EAST.
                  You seem to misunderstand my post, and are reacting in a highly emotional manner. Whether or not I like freedom is irrelevant, because most people don't.

Most people want to be coddled by the government. Most people don't want to hear things that make them upset.

This is simply a reality that you need to face.

Comment

Bans are a form of censorship, of course.

Comment

Working...
                    X