Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NASC rejected Ward vs Murdoch but approved Khan vs Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
    What the hell is NASC?
    Nevada Athletic State Commission

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      I think they should approve it. Khan's glass jaw, and him being staggered Algieri is not taken into account. All that matters is Khan is a high ranked and highly regarded welterweight who wants to fight Canelo. The middleweight limit is 160 so you are mistaken about Canelo fighting at middleweight. Canelo has never fought an ounce over 155 and that is what the limit for this fight is. 155 is a full 5 pounds below middleweight so don't call it middleweight because it isn't middleweight. 160 is middleweight. 155 is 8 pounds heavier than Khan has been fighting at lately. Big fuking deal. Duran jumped from 135 to 147 and beat Leonard. Basilio jumped from 147 to 160 and beat Sugar Ray Robinson, the best fighter in the world PFP at that time. The fact that Khan will be outweighed about 10 pounds on fight night doesn't matter either. What matters is the official weigh in and both boxers must be at or under 155 pounds at the weigh in. This fight is for a WBC world title and Khan is ranked the number 1 welterweight in the world by the WBC. Was Murdock ranked even in the top 20 168 pounders? Khan isn't moving up 2 weight classes like you are trying to say. Khan is moving up 8 pounds so tell it like it is and don't exaggerate it. I think Khan will get slaughtered but he wanted this fight and shouldn't be denied the chance to prove other doubters and myself wrong. Let me put it this way. Do you think the guy who Crawford fights next has any better chance of winning than Khan does??? Why don't you demand they call that fight off?
      155 is middleweight. Come into a 154 title fight weighing 155 and you'll lose the title on the scales.

Murdoch was ranked #6 by the WBO one weight class below the weight class he was moving up to.

Are you really comparing Khan to Duran? And Duran didn't jump from 135 to 147 to fight Leonard. He had 6 fights at WW and one fight at SWW before fighting SRL. You're talking about a man who had only been KO'd twice in his career. Once by the right hand of God, Hearns, and another by a journeyman when Duran was well past his prime.

So from 147 to 155 isn't two weight classes?

Comment

I don't like this fight but let's not compare this to that thrash.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
          This makes absolutely no sense. Khan has been KO'd at 135 and 140 and had light hitting Algieri backing him up at 147. He's jumping from welterweight to middleweight against a fighter who rehydrates up above 170 lbs. Khan will probably be lucky to hit 160 on fight night. Ward was bringing Murdoch up one weight class and it was only Ward's second fight at that weight. Canelo has been fighting at MW his last 4 fight and is bringing Khan up two weight classes and Khan has a weak chin.
          Come May 7th Khan will be stepping into the ring with a light heavyweight. Khan has a glass chin.
          Can you name one light heavyweight fighting today who can weigh in at 155 pounds 30 hours before he fights and still be strong? Can Ward weigh in at 155? Can Stevenson weigh in at 155? Can Kovalev weigh in at 155. These are light heavyweights. Canelo isn't a light heavyweight. So Khan has a glass jaw. Shouldn't he still be able to compete? Wilder has a glass jaw too and he gets to call himself the heavyweight champion of the world.

Comment

What.

Khan is an elite fighter and a multi-weight champion. I get what you're saying but this is a terrible comparison. Should they have stopped Pac from moving up to fight Oscar too?

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              Can you name one light heavyweight fighting today who can weigh in at 155 pounds 30 hours before he fights and still be strong? Can Ward weigh in at 155? Can Stevenson weigh in at 155? Can Kovalev weigh in at 155. These are light heavyweights. Canelo isn't a light heavyweight. So Khan has a glass jaw. Shouldn't he still be able to compete? Wilder has a glass jaw too and he gets to call himself the heavyweight champion of the world.
              Come the night of the fight Canelo will weigh around 175 lbs. That's a LHW. He'll weigh more than most fighters who fight at the full 160lb weight class.

Wilder is fighting guys in his weight class. And how many KO losses has he had? lol Khan has been sparked at 135 and 140. Got walked back against Algieri and wasn't able to hurt him at 147. This fight is a joke and you know it.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                What.

Khan is an elite fighter and a multi-weight champion. I get what you're saying but this is a terrible comparison. Should they have stopped Pac from moving up to fight Oscar too?
                Khan has never been a lineal champ. If you've never been lineal you aren't elite. His best weight was 140 and has never hurt anyone at 147. Collazo, Alexander, and Algieri? What's elite about Khan? Pac drained Oscar to a weight Oscar hadn't fought in 8 years and Oscar was way out of his prime. Canelo is in his prime and bringing up a chinny WW two weight classes.

Comment

155 is middleweight. Come into a 154 title fight weighing 155 and you'll lose the title on the scales.

Murdoch was ranked #6 by the WBO one weight class below the weight class he was moving up to.

Are you really comparing Khan to Duran? And Duran didn't jump from 135 to 147 to fight Leonard. He had 6 fights at WW and one fight at SWW before fighting SRL. You're talking about a man who had only been KO'd twice in his career. Once by the right hand of God, Hearns, and another by a journeyman when Duran was well past his prime.

I never compared Khan to Duran. My words are right there and I never made any comparison between Duran and Khan so don't be telling lies. I said I think Canelo will slaughter Khan. Duran didn't get slaughtered did he now? Just because a fight might be one sided isn't a good enough reason not to allow the fight. Did anybody in their right mind think the Kovalev vs Pascal rematch wasn't going to be a one sided beat down? 147 to 155 is 8 pounds not 2 weight classes. 147 to 160 would be two weight classes. You keep bring up Khan's glass jaw and the people who allow or don't allow fights don't take glass jaws into consideration or Khan wouldn't be allowed to fight anybody. Quit trying to make 155 the same as 160 because it isn't 160. It is one stinking pound over 154. Canelo never lost a 154 pound title fight on the scales. He always made 154 or less in his 154 pound title fights. When he fought at 155 he always made that weight and the weight was agreed on by both boxers. It was 155 not fucing 160 which is what middleweight is as you well know. I noticed you didn't answer my question about Khan having at least as good of chance to beat Canelo as Crawford's next opponent has of winning. Why not? You sound like a Canelo hater trying to make Canelo into this big bully picking on poor little glass jawed Khan. Piss and moan about this fight all you want but the fight is a done deal. The fight will be a huge financial success and Khan and Canelo will both make lots of money. It should be a good win for Canelo. If you don't like it you don't have to watch it. Go ahead and have the last word if you want it. You have your mind made up anyway and so do I.

Comment

Come the night of the fight Canelo will weigh around 175 lbs. That's a LHW. He'll weigh more than most fighters who fight at the full 160lb weight class.

Wilder is fighting guys in his weight class. And how many KO losses has he had? lol Khan has been sparked at 135 and 140. Got walked back against Algieri and wasn't able to hurt him at 147. This fight is a joke and you know it.
                    Your weight class isn't determined by what you weigh unofficially on fight night. Don't you know anything. By your wrong way of thinking damn near all welterweights are really middleweights because they weigh about 160 on fight night. You couldn't name one active light heavyweight that could make 155. All light heavyweights are much bigger than Canelo and you damn well know it. Hell Ortiz came into the Mayweather fight at 164 pounds on fight night and Chavez weighed 180 on fight night for his 160 pound fights. Yes, I think this fight is a joke and Canelo should knock Khan out like taking candy from a baby. That wasn't the question asked. The question asked was should this fight be allowed to happen. My answer is yes this fight should be allowed to happen. Wilder hasn't been knocked out yet but he has been knocked down and hurt plenty of times and he has yet to fight the big punchers and top 5 heavyweights. Put him in with Ortiz and I bet he gets knocked out just like Khan has been.

Comment

Canelo comes in at about 170, not 175. Why do some exaggerate this? He isn't going to gain 20 pounds in 30 hours. That would be stupid and counter productive doing him more harm than good. Khan will probably come into the ring at 160 and maybe much more if Hunter bulks him up like Khan's father said he intended to do. Khan may have started at 135 but he is a tall powerful man now and a large welterweight so going to 155 isn't that much of a jump.

Comment

Working...
                      X