Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debunking the PBC fighters can't fight on HBO Theory Myth and GGG's HBO contract

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
    Haymon and Duva are negotiating right now for a fight next June with Kov and Stevenson in which HBO already agreed too.

Why you guys keep using this bogus reasoning as to why Loeffler can't at least negotiate with DiBella on a potential Jacobs-GGG fight is asinine.
    Yeah funny how all these negotiations never turn to anything between hbo promoters and Haymon fighters.

When one of these, any of these, actually turns to a signed contract, than we can talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      Yes. I did read it. I also suggested a plausible explanation other than 'Dan Rafael is so stupid he totally contradicted himself within a single sentence' - though of course, it's possible he is.
      No, it's just lazy journalism from Rafael, unless you can you point me to an article that suggests HBO was going to buy the stream from Moscow? If not, that's nothing more than you attempting to rationalize for the fact that HBO solely directed the fight negotiations of a Haymon fighter which contradicts there supposed ban on Haymon fighters.

To play Devil's advocate and if there is no ban on Haymon fighter, then there's nothing stopping Loeffler from negotiating with Haymon fighters even if a belt organization isn't making him do it.

In fact, Loeffler himself said in a video that there's way around getting a fight with Haymon's fighters even though Team GGG is with HBO. Loeffler's words, himself.

So people need to stop regurgitating these lies without at least corroborating the facts because it's doing nothing but causing chaos.

Comment

So what's your issue here? It looks like your main issue is with Dan Rafael's word "banned" and interpreting it in the literal sense. I think everyone knows that no, Haymon isn't literally banned from HBO. Are the two working together? Not really, no. Are there exceptions? Yes, typically small stuff and once in a while purse bids (forced fights). Will any significant fights happen between HBO & Haymon in the upcoming future? It doesn't appear that way, but I'm sure we're all hoping they can kiss & make up for the sake of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          So what's your issue here? .
          I have several issues:

- All of the "Loeffler can't negotiate with Haymon fighters" slippery slope arguments I read everyday on here. When Loeffler himself says that's not true.

- GGG's contract with HBO won't allow him to fight outside HBO on a fight by fight basis so no point in negotiating with Lara or Jacobs. That's also false.

- And yes, Al Haymon fighters are banned from HBO. Because according to HBO, that's not true.

I read the above and no one's taking the time out to corroborate any of this; including Dan Rafael himself. He should actually be the one doing some ethical unbiased reporting and getting to the roots specifically on what the hold up's are on a case by case basis so we can see what the real hold up is. If all of this is on Haymon, then publish an unbiased factual story explaining specifically and technically how Haymon is at fault other than the typical lie of "Haymon's fighters are banned". That's outright lazy journalism.

I'd even encourage the reporters from boxingscene to get in the roots and cracks and figure out this chaos.

BIGPOPPAPUMP Rick Reeno
          Last edited by Chollo Vista; 01-26-2016, 07:55 PM.

Comment

What exactly is PBC?

1. Are they a network like HBO or SHOWTIME?

2. Are they a promotional company like TR or GBP?

3. Are they another boxing organization like WBC or WBA?

Comment

I have several issues:

- All of the "Loeffler can't negotiate with Haymon fighters" slippery slope arguments I read everyday on here.

- GGG's contract with HBO won't allow him to fight outside HBO on a fight by fight basis so no point in negotiating with Lara or Jacobs. That's also false.

- And yes, Al Haymon fighters are banned from HBO. Because according to HBO, that's not true.

I read the above and no one's taking the time out to corroborate any of this; including Dan Rafael himself. He should actually be the one doing some ethical unbiased reporting and getting to the roots specifically on what the hold up's are on a case by case basis so we can see what the real hold up is. If all of this is on Haymon, then publish an unbiased factual story explaining specifically and technically how Haymon is at fault other than the typical lie of "Haymon's fighters are banned".
              Alright, well I just covered your last issue so you can cross that off your list now.

It seems like you have a bunch of issues with Dan Rafael. Don't pay too mention attention to him, he works for ESPN after all. He has a poor reputation on NSB anyways so you're kinda preaching to the choir about how well/poorly he does his job.

As for GGG's contract with HBO, I'm willing to bet he's under a contract extension or they are in the process of extending it (seems pretty obvious the two sides are happy with each other but that's speculation on my part, of course).

Comment

It seems like you have a bunch of issues with Dan Rafael.

As for GGG's contract with HBO, I'm willing to bet he's under a contract extension or they are in the process of extending it (seems pretty obvious the two sides are happy with each other but that's speculation on my part, of course).
                My issue is not just with Rafael, but the thousands of GGG fans that keep the lies going.

What we need are some unbiased journalists to get to the root of the details and why Team GGG supposedly can't negotiate with Haymon fighters and why there are these supposed network issues.

If it is on Haymon, then as a boxing fan who spends thousands of dollars annually on boxing events, I demand to know specifically what these hold ups are other than me spending days at a time googling trying to do my own journalism.

Again, I encourage the writers of boxingscene to try and figure out this chaos. Even though we might be on two different sides of the field on certain fighters/fights, I'm sure you can respect that as a fan of boxing, no?

Comment

Let's talk about that.

Based on the only article I can find that shed's light on GGG's contract and knowing GGG has previously fought outside HBO while being signed to HBO, it leads me to believe that under the right circumstances (i.e. big fight), HBO will allow GGG to fight outside their network.

Comment

Let's talk about that.

Based on the only article I can find that shed's light on GGG's contract and knowing GGG has previously fought outside HBO while being signed to HBO, it leads me to believe that under the right circumstances (i.e. big fight), HBO will allow GGG to fight outside their network.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                      Did GGG not fight Adama outside the HBO network while being signed to HBO?

Has GGG not met his 4 fight min contract obligations as of Monroe Jr?

Comment

Working...
                      X