No announcement yet.

is this offensive to american soldiers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    Hold on, so you are telling me that Assad and Putin aren't bad? Or that only the U.S is spreading this "propaganda"? You should read a history book, learn what Assad's father did in the 80's.
    I'm saying that your 'merican propaganda machine, which extends to the rest of the west because they're intimidated into obedience, has created a completely false image of those leaders for 1 reason: They stand in the way of America's interests. Same for other countries and leaders they've defamed, even the guys they trained and put in charge themselves(!) this is the rule of thumb: Obey America and you're a good guy. Disobey them and you're done, you're gonna be the new hitler according to their media.

It's not excusing the U.S
    And yet these statements you made do exactly that:

I'm first in line to condemn what the U.S does wrong, but that doesn't mean other countries don't do much, much worse.
    Sure the U.S has done horrible things, as all powers have throughout history,
    But America isn't the worst
    And for the last quote, actually yes America is the worst because of their control and that despite of their dictatorship of the planet earth, they try to pass themselves off as the opposite i.e. the good guys and it works because of the aforementioned control of world media. That's how they indocrinated you since you were young.

Why? Because unlike you, I have lived in those countries and I can tell you it's not freedom or living.
    LOL you have not lived in Russia, N. Korea or China.

And yes, a PC liberal would not feel free in any country that isn't completely overrun by cultural marxism. You can live in Russia and have a nice job, a family, get hobbies, vote, all the good stuff. But if Cuah doesn't see massive ****sexual parades on streets while watching a tv show of transgenders pissing on bibles, he does not consider it a free country.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
      I'm saying that your 'merican propaganda machine, which extends to the rest of the west because they're intimidated into obedience, has created a completely false image of those leaders for 1 reason: They stand in the way of America's interests. Same for other countries and leaders they've defamed, even the guys they trained and put in charge themselves(!) this is the rule of thumb: Obey America and you're a good guy. Disobey them and you're done, you're gonna be the new hitler according to their media.

And yet these statements you made do exactly that:

And for the last quote, actually yes America is the worst because of their control and that despite of their dictatorship of the planet earth, they try to pass themselves off as the opposite i.e. the good guys and it works because of the aforementioned control of world media. That's how they indocrinated you since you were young.

LOL you have not lived in Russia, N. Korea or China.

And yes, a PC liberal would not feel free in any country that isn't completely overrun by cultural marxism. You can live in Russia and have a nice job, a family, get hobbies, vote, all the good stuff. But if Cuah doesn't see massive ****sexual parades on streets while watching a tv show of transgenders pissing on bibles, he does not consider it a free country.
      You just generalize way too much and btw, I have spent equal time in Mexico as I have the U.S. I also have a much different take on the U.S than people who have lived here all their lives and don't think I'm indoctrinated.

To say the U.S is the worst empire to have ever existed is to just be silly now. I'm not even going to entertain this nonsense, because any google of what Stalin, Hitler, Genghis Khan did can tell you that's just nonsense.

Again, context and perspective. We know, you hate America, but siding with regimes like Russia and Syria don't help your cause. It's not all or nothing, there is an in between.

Comment

Good comedy can be both offensive, and effective with an underlying social message.

This isn't funny, nor does it have an effective message.

There's a huge difference between the government, and military as an organization, and the individuals within.

Like an earlier poster said - those in the armed forces have no say-so over where they go, what their mission is, etc. If they don't comply, they get dishonorably discharged at best (unless you're clever and fake injury, mental illness, etc.) which prevents you from doing just about anything.

Any human with normal emotions is going to suffer psychologically from taking another life - reason/justification notwithstanding.

So, in conclusion: Not funny, not effective... Not comedy... Just some beta neckbeard with man boobs failing.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
          Basically the same joke

Hahah this is even a bigger fail than the neckbeard attempting to be edgy...

Complete fail, not analogous in the least... Both the meme itself makes no sense, nor does it have any application to the OP's point.

Just all around fail.

Comment

Damn this place is deader, and deader every time I return...

Comment

Originally posted by L33tboxingdewd View Post
              Good comedy can be both offensive, and effective with an underlying social message.

There's a huge difference between the government, and military as an organization, and the individuals within.

Like an earlier poster said - those in the armed forces have no say-so over where they go, what their mission is, etc. If they don't comply, they get dishonorably discharged at best (unless you're clever and fake injury, mental illness, etc.) which prevents you from doing just about anything.

Any human with normal emotions is going to suffer psychologically from taking another life - reason/justification notwithstanding.

So, in conclusion: Not funny, not effective... Not comedy... Just some beta neckbeard with man boobs failing.
              Hahah this is even a bigger fail than the neckbeard attempting to be edgy...

Complete fail, not analogous in the least... Both the meme itself makes no sense, nor does it have any application to the OP's point.

Just all around fail.
              The joke is based around the notion that americans are hypocrites when it comes to world atrocities

Whether factually accurate or not is irrelevant to the joke.

But thanks for the lesson in comedy. It's been a hoot.

Comment

Don't know if its offensive to them or not, but it is funny.

Comment

because if you think about it.. when was the last time you/me/us saw a vietnam war movies where the protagonist is vietnamese instead of american soldiers?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                    When I was like 17 we had a career fair (this is at what is usually the #1 ranked school in Wisconsin). The Navy had a recruiter there and of course nobody was even going to the table. So I felt bad and figured I'd listen to the guy's spiel. This dude called me once or twice a week for months.

Moral of the story? Never talk to the recruiters, even if you feel bad nobody is going to their table .
                    ***** for not joining.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                      The joke is based around the notion that americans are hypocrites when it comes to world atrocities

Whether factually accurate or not is irrelevant to the joke.

But thanks for the lesson in comedy. It's been a hoot.
                      But how is bombing a country you've been at war with for almost half a decade, analogous to a terrorist activity?

Didn't Japan start the war against USA anyway? Didn't they attack and kill thousands of Americans first?

Moreover, one happened 70 years ago - the other a little over a decade ago.

It's like "Brits insult Americans for their overzealous policies across the world, yet they themselves created America, and tried to colonize the known world..." One is relevant today, the other happened so far in the past.

The joke isn't a joke because it makes no sense...

There's just so much fail in this thread - the initial post failed... your meme failed in two ways.

Comment

Working...
                      X