TBE gave out a master class to 3 sets fighters that destroyed each other

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
    Damn his dad cant say "I love you" back
    I honestly do not think he understood what was going on at that moment,They have such an odd relationship,that was probably the 1st time either of them told the other they love each other for a long time

Comment

Everything Floyd does seem so fake to me. That was a real touching and loving moment but it seems fake to me. Not that he doesn't love his pops but that Floyd chooses when to do certain things. Solely for his image. Even getting on his knees in the middle of the ring after the Berto fight. It's all such a joke to me. and it's not even cuz I dislike the guy. There's so many athletes thru out the years that I've disliked but I never thought they was fake. ****, I dislike Hopkins and Margarito way more than Floyd but I don't think their fake individuals. Floyd is a phony.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
        Everything Floyd does seem so fake to me. That was a real touching and loving moment but it seems fake to me. Not that he doesn't love his pops but that Floyd chooses when to do certain things. Solely for his image. Even getting on his knees in the middle of the ring after the Berto fight. It's all such a joke to me. and it's not even cuz I dislike the guy. There's so many athletes thru out the years that I've disliked but I never thought they was fake. ****, I dislike Hopkins and Margarito way more than Floyd but I don't think their fake individuals. Floyd is a phony.
        Things like that happen, he realized he was three minutes away from finishing a great career and knowing that the man in front of him, that being his dad, contributed heavily towards that path. Like he said, "Everything you taught me from day one, I'll always remember". Sr. wasn't expecting that but it's still a touching moment nonetheless.

To add, I think the purpose of Berto was to see how much Mayweather had left in the tank, although he put on a very good performance I'm certain Mayweather wasn't too content with his performance and it REALLY hit him that this was IT. Just what I think personally.
        Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 09-18-2015, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
          Things like that happen, he realized he was three minutes away from finishing a great career and knowing that the man in front of him, that being his dad, contributed heavily towards that path. Like he said, "Everything you taught me from day one, I'll always remember". Sr. wasn't expecting that but it's still a touching moment nonetheless.

To add, I think the purpose of Berto was to see how much Mayweather had left in the tank, although he put on a very good performance I'm certain Mayweather wasn't too content with his performance and it REALLY hit him that this was IT. Just what I think personally.
          Hey, I can dig that bro. I was just giving my opinion on it. Not trying to bash the man. Even if I don't like him, I won't hate on a moment like that even if I think it's not totally sincere.

Comment

Yes he was the best of his generation thus he trumped them all. But he did not school Castillo, ever. The first fight went to the wire, and the second fight was competitive. People say Mayweather figured Castillo out in the second fight...he did NOT. One of the biggest misconceptions I see get thrown around. He won the fight clearly by fighting harder, and using more movement. He never figured out Castillo's rhythm or his tell when he throws in either fight, thus why Castillo was still landing on him even in the second fight. But everyone has their guy, Mayweather can say he clearly beat his bogey man the second time around.

Also Mayweather fought a great fight against Cotto, but it was not a masterclass. Some of the things he did in the fight were 'masterful', but the performance was not a masterclass. I think it was the most physically taxing fight of his whole career. Mayweather attributes this to his willingness to stand and trade that night, his fans eat this up. It is BS. Cotto is brilliant at cutting off the ring off his jab, in fact he is at his best when the other fighter is backing up and moving and he can walk them down. He uses his high guard and underrated footwork to get on you quick, invade your space and throw hurtful punches to body and head. Floyd fought the only fight he could have which was to box and move at times and in-fight at other times. He needed to get that respect, it doesn't matter who you are Cotto is one of those fighters that if you get in the ring with him, you are going to get wet. He will land and he will cause damage. What Cotto did is what a lot of fighters talk about and never follow through on with Floyd, they talk about just throwing punches hitting him anywhere they can, arms, shoulders, body, chest, doesn't matter. That is what Cotto did, and although he only won 3-4 rounds, it was a competitive fight, nearly all the rounds were competitive. It was one of those fights that is competitive but not on the cards per se. Maidana-Khan is another fight, if you take The first 10 rounds Khan is winning by landslide but the rounds were competitive and hard.

Comment

Originally posted by tangalog2200 View Post
              floyd schooled castillo? come on, castillo 1 was a robbery...
              TBE schooled Castillo in the rematch doe.

It was easy work that night.

Comment

At the end of the Coralles fight you could hear both Jr and Sr talking and it is a touching moment to hear Floyd say that he loved his father. It only sounded slightly phony for two reasons: The fact that he said " I love my father " like he was speaking about him to someone else. Also, the dialogue in itself sounded fake, but only because of how much he has sold this money persona so that people could buy into his fights. The idea of what Floyd should be for his blockbuster fights was what Pretty Boy Floyd was and the reality of Money Mayweather was what people, much to their chagrin got.

Great end to a career, you really started to see him slip, at least IMO at the Robert Guerrero fight. To me, even though it was a solid win to see him at one point miss with a sweeping right hand in the end of the 8th and it just be him missing a punch, but it didn't sit well with me to see him swing so hard and miss when Robert was clearly dazed after hitting him with one previously

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                  Yes he was the best of his generation thus he trumped them all. But he did not school Castillo, ever. The first fight went to the wire, and the second fight was competitive. People say Mayweather figured Castillo out in the second fight...he did NOT. One of the biggest misconceptions I see get thrown around. He won the fight clearly by fighting harder, and using more movement. He never figured out Castillo's rhythm or his tell when he throws in either fight, thus why Castillo was still landing on him even in the second fight. But everyone has their guy, Mayweather can say he clearly beat his bogey man the second time around.

Also Mayweather fought a great fight against Cotto, but it was not a masterclass. Some of the things he did in the fight were 'masterful', but the performance was not a masterclass. I think it was the most physically taxing fight of his whole career. Mayweather attributes this to his willingness to stand and trade that night, his fans eat this up. It is BS. Cotto is brilliant at cutting off the ring off his jab, in fact he is at his best when the other fighter is backing up and moving and he can walk them down. He uses his high guard and underrated footwork to get on you quick, invade your space and throw hurtful punches to body and head. Floyd fought the only fight he could have which was to box and move at times and in-fight at other times. He needed to get that respect, it doesn't matter who you are Cotto is one of those fighters that if you get in the ring with him, you are going to get wet. He will land and he will cause damage. What Cotto did is what a lot of fighters talk about and never follow through on with Floyd, they talk about just throwing punches hitting him anywhere they can, arms, shoulders, body, chest, doesn't matter. That is what Cotto did, and although he only won 3-4 rounds, it was a competitive fight, nearly all the rounds were competitive. It was one of those fights that is competitive but not on the cards per se. Maidana-Khan is another fight, if you take The first 10 rounds Khan is winning by landslide but the rounds were competitive and hard.
                  Get real, TBE schooled Castillo easy the second time around. He clinched and used more movement and pot shot Castillo all night.

YOU MAY NOT HAVE LIKED IT BUT ITS CASTILLOS'S FAULT FOR LOOKING LIKE CRAP IN THE REMATCH.

In the Cotto fight FOH with that fight being crazy tough.

The only reason why you people buy into that crap is because TBE had visible damage and that is extremely rare for TBE to get.

Cotto's punches are crazy hard but not KTFO hard and they cause alot of damage. Floyd got hit just like he normally gets hit against any other fighter but this time since Cotto's punches are the type that cause damage, TBE had some damage on him.

All that crap about cutting off the ring and being able to press his fighter to the ropes FOH with that crap because Trout damn near schooled Cotto also.

Cotto is freakin overrated and his best win is against a old but still godd Mosley. Martinez was a cripple who had a bad shoulder also, FOH with that overrated fighter.

Best believe if TBE rematches Cotto he is going to clinch and move on Cotto and shut his ass down like he did to Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post

Amen to that. If I'm not mistaken Castillo by compubox stats actually outlanded Floyd in their 1st go round. Minus jabs of course.

Comment

The Best Ever!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X