Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG vs Lara needs to happen next!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would also like to see this fight next, only if GGG can't get Lee or other beltholders in.

I want to see him he deals with Lara who moves constantly.

Comment

Originally posted by God Of Left View Post
      Uh, hate to break it to you, but Lara is a Haymon guy, .

I'd love to see GGG beat Lara to death though.
      Is he really? I thought he was Golden Boy. But I don't think Haymon covets Lara as highly as Jacobs and Quillen because he's not as fun to watch and isn't a draw. Plus it seems when you dictate to Haymon and the public that you want the fight he will let you have it. That's the problem with Quillen and Stevenson. They don't vocally want GGG or Kovalev. So they deserve to be **** on.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        For me, last night pretty much erased any hope Lara had of winning.

Golovkin is too adept at cutting off the ring, and Lara's punch resistance isn't as good as Monroe's.

You can't run from Golovkin, in fact you're more likely to have success in the pocket on the inside.
        That's exactly right. Pair that with the limited success of Canelo (who cannot cut off the ring for ****) vs. Lara and the war that Angulo put him through and I don't think it's a smart fight for Lara's career. Not to mention GGG is bigger and more multi-dimensional than either of those fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by $BloodyNate$ View Post
          1. GGG let Monroe tee off one him in the middle of the ring. This was covered in the post fight as well. He wanted to give the fans drama so he told Monroe to bring it.

2. How did Angulo practically beat him? He dropped Lara and made it a war but it wasn't anything like your making it out to be. That fight could of went either way when it was stopped. It was wild.

3. People want to see it because they think a slick defensive fighter at the elite level will outbox GGG so this is the perfect oppurtunity to see what he's made of.
          1) Golovkin carried Monroe since the second round.
          2) If Angulo made it wild, Golovkin would make it hell.
          3) Lara is "slick" and he's from the Cuban school -- which the Soviet school fighters always found difficult to deal with (at the amateurs).

(But, at least, Lara called out Golovkin... And Golovkin would fight him, as he took a tune-up with a southpaw in Monroe...)

Comment

Lara doesn't even fight at 160, but I'd still like to see the fight. Doubt he wins though.

Comment

I don't really see why it needs to happen. look what a bit of pressure from the very mediocre pero did to lara. if it happened cool, but needs to happen? ... nah.

Comment

If this fight ever happens, Lara's corner stops it or Lara quits by round 6.

Comment

Lara would suffer his first ko loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                    For me, last night pretty much erased any hope Lara had of winning.

Golovkin is too adept at cutting off the ring, and Lara's punch resistance isn't as good as Monroe's.

You can't run from Golovkin, in fact you're more likely to have success in the pocket on the inside.
                    Come on Monroe ain't no Lara...

Comment

Originally posted by djcomplex View Post
                      Come on Monroe ain't no Lara...
                      Yes, but Monroe is at least a legit MW in terms of size. Lara was KD'd twice by Angulo. Yes, Angulo. He also was getting tagged to the body by a Canelo that cannot cut the ring off at all.

GGG vs. Lara is completely pointless and a fight I honestly don't care to see, but whatever.

Comment

Working...
                      X