No announcement yet.

Christian couple tortured & murdered in Pakistan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brother Khalid View Post
    No matter how far you go back, where ever you find man, you'll find religion.

So all of the sudden religion is suppose to die off......lol
    That's the point. We are looking forward not back to the stone ages where people built houses out of horse****.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      I can't wait until we study the Quran and other holy books the same way we do Greek mythology in schools.
      Would be a huge eye opener, that's for sure. I noticed that many people who claim to be religious or are members of any modern religions don't even read their religion's holy books.

Comment

As long as there are unanswered questions....there will be religion.
        No, as long as there's unanswered questions, there will be scientists trying to answer those questions. Religion hasn't answered a single question about existence and the nature of the universe. Science actually gives us answers.

If you think science will someday solve many mysterious of the universe and life itself......I really don't know what to say to you.
        It may solve some mysteries, like how at one time lightning was a mystery, but now there's really nothing about lightning we don't know.

Religion has no answers and it never has. So we certainly won't be looking for religion to solve anything.

Also, we are spiritual creatures....so even if a predominate religion where to go away, another would replace it.....and so on and so on....
        What is spiritualism? Seems to me it means foolishness & stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by LSKennedy View Post
          No, as long as there's unanswered questions, there will be scientists trying to answer those questions. Religion hasn't answered a single question about existence and the nature of the universe. Science actually gives us answers.

It may solve some mysteries, like how at one time lightning was a mystery, but now there's really nothing about lightning we don't know.

Religion has no answers and it never has. So we certainly won't be looking for religion to solve anything.

What is spiritualism? Seems to me it means foolishness & stupidity.

As I mentioned before, science and religion serve two separate purposes.

The bible, or any holy book for that matter, isn't meant to explain things in the natural world. That's science job.

The bible, and books like it, deal with morality and things of that nature.

As far as me saying we are spiritual creatures, I mean that in the sense than mankind has always had some system of worship. This can't be denied and this is also another reason religion will always be around.

Comment

Working...
          X