Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Floyd will make any trainer changes for his last couple bouts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Floyd will make any trainer changes for his last couple bouts?

(disclaimer: this thread does not belong to any specific sticky, so don't ask me to put it in one)

Well, we all know Floyd is looking to AND already making HUGE changes to his team. He wants to revamp the people around him for his last two, maybe three bouts.

Rafael Garcia? Gone, fired. His replacement as far as wrapping the champ's hands go appear to be a guy by the name of Bob Ware, AKA "Do It All" Bob. Don't know if he's experienced in dealing with cuts though. Expect a new cutman.

Leonard Ellerbe? Rumor has it he's gone if he doesn't step down for Schaefer who will run Mayweather Promotions as the CEO in the near future.

Alex Ariza? In, newest addition to assist with strength and conditioning.

Now this is what concerns me. I know that both Mayweather Sr., and Roger Mayweather really, REALLY don't like Alex Ariza. They think he's dirty, and was juicing Pacquiao and likely was juicing the people he was with in the Garcia gym. They've said he's cancer in numerous interviews, from recent to the past.

With Ariza being the newest addition to the team, how will this sit with current trainer Mayweather Sr.? Will Sr step down?

Perhaps Floyd is already looking for a new trainer, regardless of how Sr feels about Ariza?

What do you think?

Floyd has no problem throwing his father under the bus in favor of hiring Freddie Roach to train him and to get insider info on Manny Pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by ChequeHook View Post
      Floyd has no problem throwing his father under the bus in favor of hiring Freddie Roach to train him and to get insider info on Manny Pacquiao
      He doesn't need inside info in Pacquiao, he just needs his ass to smarten up and leave Arum so Floyd can deliver that ass whooping.

Comment

If Floyd understood the concept of loyalty, then all boxing fans wouldn't have to endure this "leave Arum" nonsense.

For a businessman, Floyd lets things get far too personal. But then again, it's really just another roadblock and way to duck Pacquiao

Comment

If Floyd understood the concept of loyalty, then all boxing fans wouldn't have to endure this "leave Arum" nonsense.

For a businessman, Floyd lets things get far too personal. But then again, it's really just another roadblock and way to duck Pacquiao
          The same "roadblock" like the one where he personally called Manny, offered him 40,000,000$, who in term passed the phone over to "Koncz" and refused the offer?

Comment

Biggest fight in history. It will be the biggest pay day for both Floyd and Pacquiao and they both need each other to make the kind of money they will make. I do believe Floyd deserves a little more than Pacquiao.

But when Sheiks and other Oil Tycoons showed interest in bankrolling the fight, we all know that $40 million is on the low end considering the potential, scale and magnitude of the event.

I thought you were a shop owner? Why on earth would you even entertain the idea that someone in Pacquiao's position accept a flat fee like that?

Comment

Biggest fight in history. It will be the biggest pay day for both Floyd and Pacquiao and they both need each other to make the kind of money they will make. I do believe Floyd deserves a little more than Pacquiao.

But when Sheiks and other Oil Tycoons showed interest in bankrolling the fight, we all know that $40 million is on the low end considering the potential, scale and magnitude of the event.

I thought you were a shop owner? Why on earth would you even entertain the idea that someone in Pacquiao's position accept a flat fee like that?
              It's called negotiation. Manny turned down 40mil and took nothing and got knocked out. Floyd was going to negotiate with PPV revenue.

Comment

Yes. He was going to negotiate after saying "40 million" was a "Flat fee". And let's get real here, Floyd Mayweather isn't exactly the most reliable and trustworthy person. He's cried wolf too many times.

Sorry. But only a fool would accept those terms. There were plenty of other strange proposals that came from both camps. The only one that made sense to me was 40/40 split with the remaining 20 going to the winner.

Comment

Yes. He was going to negotiate after saying "40 million" was a "Flat fee". And let's get real here, Floyd Mayweather isn't exactly the most reliable and trustworthy person. He's cried wolf too many times.

Sorry. But only a fool would accept those terms. There were plenty of other strange proposals that came from both camps. The only one that made sense to me was 40/40 split with the remaining 20 going to the winner.
                  The winner getting more than the loser is just dumb. That would make bribing judges even more prevalent. And no I doubt it op. Only 2 fights left. Btw he didn't fire garcia

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                    The winner getting more than the loser is just dumb. That would make bribing judges even more prevalent. And no I doubt it op. Only 2 fights left. Btw he didn't fire garcia
                    The winner getting more than the loser is a very good business model. It's what Dana White uses in the UFC and it encourages fighters to actually fight for their paychecks or bonuses or whatever.

The best thing to happen to combat sports was Knockout Bonuses. The best thing about that little extra money a fighter gets for winning by KO makes it a little tougher to bribe judges.

Comment

Working...
                    X