No announcement yet.

Algieri-prov and Pac-Marquez 3 comparison

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    JMM clearly outboxed manny and was never knocked down..

algieri was knocked down twice and let ruslan get a big lead before dominating the 2nd half of the fight...

Manny never dominated any stretch of that fight,, the early rounds were split as well as the late rounds, but jmm clearly outboxed manny in the middle rounds...
    It was clearly the least exciting fight between them, and that played into jmm's favor, as he is a superior technical boxer to manny...

JMM clearly won the 3rd fight,,, it was a robbery, algieri winning isnt a robbery
    how do you clearly outbox someone though? just by saying it? you need some actual substance to do it. my substance is punches landed but i'm crazy! my point is that people are saying algeiri won because he landed more. well pac landed more against marquez. hardness of punches or big punches shouldn't matter so they are saying. also since it wasn't exciting that means marquez auto-wins? yes he has the reputation as a better technician but if he's such a great technician why did pac outland him from the middle of the ring? i guess ruslan was also the better technician since he landed less but landed the bigger eye catching shots just like marquez err wait is this where we apply different rules to different fights depending on who's fighting?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      how do you clearly outbox someone though? just by saying it? you need some actual substance. my substance is punches landed but i'm crazy! my point is that people are saying algeiri won because he landed more. well pac landed more against marquez. hardness of punches or big punches shouldn't matter so they are saying. also since it wasn't exciting that means marquez auto-wins? yes he has the reputation as a better technician but if he's such a great technician why did pac outland him from the middle of the ring? i guess ruslan was also the better technician since he landed less but landed the bigger eye catching shots just like marquez err wait is this where we apply different rules to different fights depending on who's fighting?
      Punch stats are useless.. they can be very deceiving, especially the fight totals..
      JMM could be outlanding manny with hard flush shots for 9 rounds, but 10,11,12 jmm becomes more cautious and manny throws a 100 a round for the last 3 and greatly inflates his numbers...

I just cant see how manny won the 3rd fight... rounds 4-9 seemed to be all jmm... early and late rounds were about split, but jmm took over the mid rounds...

Its round by round scoring, and punch stats are the entire fight, so yeah manny could go crazy in early and late and have the better punch numbers but round by round i thought first 4 rounds were split, jmm won 3 out of 4 of the mids, and they split the last 4 for a jmm 115-113 win..
      Im sure manny had the higher punch output in the rounds he won and overall in the fight, but round by round he didnt win the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Punch stats are useless.. they can be very deceiving, especially the fight totals..
        JMM could be outlanding manny with hard flush shots for 9 rounds, but 10,11,12 jmm becomes more cautious and manny throws a 100 a round for the last 3 and greatly inflates his numbers...

I just cant see how manny won the 3rd fight... rounds 4-9 seemed to be all jmm... early and late rounds were about split, but jmm took over the mid rounds...

Its round by round scoring, and punch stats are the entire fight, so yeah manny could go crazy in early and late and have the better punch numbers but round by round i thought first 4 rounds were split, jmm won 3 out of 4 of the mids, and they split the last 4 for a jmm 115-113 win..
        Im sure manny had the higher punch output in the rounds he won and overall in the fight, but round by round he didnt win the fight
        well i've seen the fight many times and i have excellent vision. pac outlanded marquez in more of the rounds there is no doubt about that so what you are saying just didn't happen. pac was controlling the tempo and outlanding marquez in the majority of the rounds. occasionally marquez would catch him with a big crowd-pleasing punch while pacs punches didn't stand out as much. what i'm trying to figure out is ruslan's punches obviously stood out and were more crowd pleasing just like marquez's but he got hit more in return. the only difference being pac punches much harder and wasn't landing pitty-pat shots and pac also got hit much less than algeri. why is algeri labeled master-boxer and he schooled ruslan while pac was himself was schooled for doing the exact same thing that algeri did except pac did it even better?

Comment

Tis a weird comparison bro. Marquez and Algieri were the boxer. Provo and Pacman were the (punchers). I think you're trying to go off of compubox to make your comparisons. Problem is, it's not entirely accurate.

Also in Pacman/Marquez 3 Marquez didn't taste the canvas. So there are to many incompatible components to make sense of your comparison. Sorry, that's just the way it is, bro.

Comment

well i've seen the fight many times and i have excellent vision. pac outlanded marquez in more of the rounds there is no doubt about that so what you are saying just didn't happen. pac was controlling the tempo and outlanding marquez in the majority of the rounds. occasionally marquez would catch him with a big crowd-pleasing punch while pacs punches didn't stand out as much. what i'm trying to figure out is ruslan's punches obviously stood out and were more crowd pleasing just like marquez's but he got hit more in return. the only difference being pac punches much harder and wasn't landing pitty-pat shots and pac also got hit much less than algeri. why is algeri labeled master-boxer and he schooled ruslan while pac was himself was schooled for doing the exact same thing that algeri did except pac did it even better?
            If you think pac out landed Marquez then you don't have excellent vision. You have Jim lampley vision ``hard left hand by Manny! Bang!! Bang!! Bang!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Apache View Post
              Tis a weird comparison bro. Marquez and Algieri were the boxer. Provo and Pacman were the (punchers). I think you're trying to go off of compubox to make your comparisons. Problem is, it's not entirely accurate.

Also in Pacman/Marquez 3 Marquez didn't taste the canvas. So there are to many incompatible components to make sense of your comparison. Sorry, that's just the way it is, bro.
              actually that's my whole point. people labeling one guy a boxer and the other guy not and then scoring based on that label instead of what is actually happening in the ring.

yes pac got hit with the occasional big shot but he controlled most of the rounds and kept marquez at bay by outworking/outlanding him. same strategy that algeri did but algeri didn't do it as effectiively. seems to me people went into that fight with preconceived notions on how each guy fought and ignored what was actually happening. if pac wasn't pac and he executed the same algeri like plan most of the people who thought it was a robbery would be saying pac schooled marquez lol. they are saying algeri schooled ruslan so it makes sense or are they just being hypocrites?

here's an example. Boxer A lands more punches, and keeps the other fighter in the center of the ring, while occasionally getting hit with a solid shot in return. did he win the round?

if Boxer A is named marquez did he win the round?
              if Boxer A is named pac did he still win the round?

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Apache View Post

Pacquiao fought like the boxer in the 3rd fight... stayed outside and landed a lot of glancing pitty pats, whereas Marquez played the part as the puncher and landed the more solid blows.

To answer the question, it's all about who you want to win as to how you'll see it. Since I prefer compact punches to amateur pitty pats, I scored Pac/Marquez 3 for Marquez, and also thought Ruslan won this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 2120 View Post
                  If you think pac out landed Marquez then you don't have excellent vision. You have Jim lampley vision ``hard left hand by Manny! Bang!! Bang!! Bang!!"

so marquez outlanded pac in the third? lol ok. clearly he did not. did you see his big swollen tomato head post-fight? they even had a slo-mo punch stat video that showed pac outlanding marquez but that sh-it is stupid right! who needs facts when they contradict your position! just be honest. marquez landed the bigger stand out shots but you want it both ways so you can claim your favorite fighter always wins. you want to say the guy who outworks the other deserves to win then you want to say the guy who lands less frequently but harder also wins. you can't have them both and maintain credibility but i don't blame you for trying. i want everything as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
                    Pacquiao fought like the boxer in the 3rd fight... stayed outside and landed a lot of glancing pitty pats, whereas Marquez played the part as the puncher and landed the more solid blows.

To answer the question, it's all about who you want to win as to how you'll see it. Since I prefer compact punches to amateur pitty pats, I scored Pac/Marquez 3 for Marquez, and also thought Ruslan won this fight.
                    thank you. only took a couple hours but we found a non hypocrite who actually is logically consistent.

Comment

so marquez outlanded pac in the third? lol ok. clearly he did not. did you see his big swollen tomato head post-fight? they even had a slo-mo punch stat video that showed pac outlanding marquez but that sh-it is stupid right! who needs facts when they contradict your position! just be honest. marquez landed the bigger stand out shots but you want it both ways so you can claim your favorite fighter always wins. you want to say the guy who outworks the other deserves to win then you want to say the guy who lands less frequently but harder also wins. you can't have them both and maintain credibility but i don't blame you for trying. i want everything as well.
                      What a slow mo video????? i thought you had excellent vision. i dont need slow mo to see a shot miss, get blocked, or get parried.

you accept the punch count that somebody provide in super super super slow mo but what about the punch count somebody created as a pic floating around here on bscene that shows Marquez outlanded pac in most of the rounds and overall in the third fight.

you dont accept that as proof becauses that sh-it is stupid right!

if you are consistent with your logic you have to be the only person on earth that thought clottey beat pac because did you had to seen the facial damage clottey laid on pac compared to the lack of damage pac laid on clottey right??? to quote a great poster who needs facts when they contradict your position!

Comment

Working...
                      X