No announcement yet.

Does George Groves remind anyone else of

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does George Groves remind anyone else of

Jermaine Taylor? Both have quick hands, good power, technically sound with a good skill set but both have the same faults, suspect chins and poor Stamina down the stretch.

Also, I think Groves vs Kessler would be a good fight to make next.

Groves would be a fool to take Kessler straight after a devastating defeat.

Kessler has bigger things to fry anyway.

Comment

jermain taylor was 10X the talent of george groves.

taylor could jump clear out of a gymnasium. he had better power, faster hands, and was bigger as a middleweight than groves as an SMW. he had much more talent. he was also a better boxer. he had better timing, a much harder jab, and a terrific one two.

groves is more tough mentally, and is probably more dedicated to boxing, but that's about it.

he also beat bernard hopkins twice, an accomplishment much greater than what groves has done so far.

Comment

george groves has the potential to become even greater than taylor.

i truly believe groves is a future top ten p4p. if he wasn't capable of being a future p4p'er he wouldn't have competed as well as he did against froch twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post

i truly believe groves is a future top ten p4p. if he wasn't capable of being a future p4p'er he wouldn't have competed as well as he did against froch twice.

i really didn't think froch could possibly be this overrated, but evidently he is.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            Groves would be a fool to take Kessler straight after a devastating defeat.

Kessler has bigger things to fry anyway.
            I know your Danish so obviously biased, but what big fish has Kessler got to fry?.

Originally posted by New England View Post
            jermain taylor was 10X the talent of george groves.

taylor could jump clear out of a gymnasium. he had better power, faster hands, and was bigger as a middleweight than groves as an SMW. he had much more talent. he was also a better boxer. he had better timing, a much harder jab, and a terrific one two.

groves is more tough mentally, and is probably more dedicated to boxing, but that's about it.

he also beat bernard hopkins twice, an accomplishment much greater than what groves has done so far.
            I'd hazard a guess that you've seen Groves fight less than 3 times, and I'd be right.

Jermain Taylor was the epitome of an an American hype job. He's in the same bracket as Broner, Berto etcetera.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post

What makes you think so?

Comment

JT was a world class fighter at one point. Groves is a good domestic fighter at best, there's just no comparison.

Comment

Early Groves reminded me of a poor mans RJJ, hes was very loose and pulled out loads of awkward shots. He now developed into a counter puncher who keeps his body curled and chin tucked in (for the most part)

Comment

I'm still struggling to understand why people can't see how bad Groves' defence is. If Carl Froch can tag you cleanly from the outside with looping shots that's a bad look. He just doesn't slip shots well enough or tie his opponent up when he gets bull-rushed. Too often over the course of the 17 rounds he's gone with Froch, he's been caught standing there with his gloves up while Froch tees off.

He has good points. He's fast, he has a great jab, and he clearly has some pop in his right hand. But he has a lot of things to fix if he's to take his career to the next level.

Comment

Working...
                    X