Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In an offensive fighter vs defensive fighter rivalry..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In an offensive fighter vs defensive fighter rivalry..

...who is the one that's automatically ducking?

Let's not lie. The fact that I didn't give you an answer but you already know it shows this mindset exists. Let's not pretend it doesn't.

Maybe I should have made the title a "If a brawler vs a technical fighter.."

Just so I can use the the Danny Garcia vs Lucas Matthysse one. Because we all know who automatically ducked that one.
    Last edited by The_Sandman; 12-21-2013, 03:13 PM.

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
    ...is it always going to be that the defensive fighters that are ducking?

And let's be honest, this mindset exists. Let's not lie.
    Well generally yes and you can understand why.

An offensive fighter is only risking an L on his record, a defensive fighter is risking way more then an L.

Comment

No a defensive fight can do what he wants as can a offensive fighter.

Take for instance Mayweather with his two options Khan or Madiana if he takes Khan I wont call it a duck but Ill call him a coward taking the easiest fight possible he could take, But is it a duck no cause I dont think no one honestly think or believe either khan or maidana can beat mayweather just Maidana has the one power punch chance all night Khan can hit mayweather with his hands down and he still doesnt have a chance.

Comment

Mayweather is the best at defense but it doesn't mean anything about his mindset. Mayweather was extremely offensive while having extreme hard defense to get around at the lower weights. Throwing combinations while parrying shots. Mayweather is the most balance fighter a master of many different skills. He can fight southpaw, stand toe to toe once he times you, dance around and pot shot, feint counter... Dude is too good offensively as well. He is so good at every faucet of the boxing game

Comment

Is this concerning Floyd/Pacman?? That fight is soooo last 4 years ago. People who want Floyd to fight Pacman are in for some disappointment if it does happen.

Comment

Offensive fighter make defensive fighter health come first....true story no joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              Is this concerning Floyd/Pacman?? That fight is soooo last 4 years ago. People who want Floyd to fight Pacman are in for some disappointment if it does happen.
              Who would people say would be ducking between GGG and Ward? It's automatically gonna be Ward, correct?

Comment

Hopkins-Stevenson?

Comment

Offensive fighters started the word "Duck"

Comment

Originally posted by - Ram Raid - View Post
                    Hopkins-Stevenson?
                    People would probably say Hopkins.

Comment

Working...
                    X