No announcement yet.

ODLH Tweets ''Let's see what excuse arum comes up with''

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
    Yeah... Gotta agree here. As much as i like the Donaire vs rigo fight (I think its better imo..has a bigger air of unpredictability for me). But the reason the fight is being held up with Mares is awful. Nonito does look like a chunp right now I hate to say. Nonito should at the very least show his displeasure with Arums decision. Sure, its probably not Nonitos fault but it reflects badly on him.
    Exactly. And worst part is that Top Rank is making Donaire take the heat for this. If Arum doesn't want to make the fight he should step out in front and take the heat for his fighter. Instead he leaves the country and is silent, making Donaire look even worse.

Comment

wtf? oscar tweeted January 24th? and the contract date that they sent to TR is January 25th? Looks like dela joya tweeted so soon! lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Hitter View Post
        I agree. I've read some writers saying that showtimes BOXING budget was higher than HBO's in 2012. Fighters now can make as much money over there as to HBO.

Also to the point of Donaire-Mares being huge on PPV. On the scales of Martinez vs Chaves at 475k buys(Monster numbers btw). There is no way that Donaire vs Mares would get close to those buys unless the PPV was priced at a huge reduction, which still might not get it done!

Hard to see this fight on a PPV get over 250k buys on a $50-$55 suggested price.(Not that a 200k buy rate isn't a success in its self)
        Good post. I felt Martinez Chavez did great numbers. Floyd and Pac have distorted peoples views about what good numbers are.

If Donaire got 1.5mil it'd still be his highest payday, but I'm really have no idea how all these payouts and what not work on the accounting side of boxing so it's hard for me to have a really informative opinion on this.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          id like to see a source of that.
          Natas, I searched for about 10 minutes trying to find where exactly, I read that. I remember Dan Rafael talking about this in one of his chats. Here it is from back in Oct '12 before the Rios-Alvarado fight:

Mike (Queens)

Just how much dud ShowTime raise their boxing budget once Espinoza ca,e not office? With the fights they are making, and the prices they are paying, it seems to rival HBO's budget now. Is that true?

Dan Rafael (1:07 PM)

My understanding is that in addition to getting more overall money it also re-arranged its own sports department budget, shifting some of the money it had for MMA, its NASCAR show and other sports stuff to give boxing a larger percentage. Right now, Showtime is spending like crazy on fights and if I add it up with the rough costs I believe the cards are costing, they are spending about the same or even maybe more than HBO is right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Hitter View Post
            Natas, I searched for about 10 minutes trying to find where exactly, I read that. I remember Dan Rafael talking about this in one of his chats. Here it is from back in Oct '12 before the Rios-Alvarado fight:

Mike (Queens)

Just how much dud ShowTime raise their boxing budget once Espinoza ca,e not office? With the fights they are making, and the prices they are paying, it seems to rival HBO's budget now. Is that true?

Dan Rafael (1:07 PM)

My understanding is that in addition to getting more overall money it also re-arranged its own sports department budget, shifting some of the money it had for MMA, its NASCAR show and other sports stuff to give boxing a larger percentage. Right now, Showtime is spending like crazy on fights and if I add it up with the rough costs I believe the cards are costing, they are spending about the same or even maybe more than HBO is right now.

You the man, thanks!

id love to get a breakdown of this because it just doesn't seem right. Maybe showtime has more shows, like their Friday events. who knows though

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo
              Quote:

Originally Posted by NearHypnos

Yeah... Gotta agree here. As much as i like the Donaire vs rigo fight (I think its better imo..has a bigger air of unpredictability for me). But the reason the fight is being held up with Mares is awful. Nonito does look like a chunp right now I hate to say. Nonito should at the very least show his displeasure with Arums decision. Sure, its probably not Nonitos fault but it reflects badly on him.

Exactly. And worst part is that Top Rank is making Donaire take the heat for this. If Arum doesn't want to make the fight he should step out in front and take the heat for his fighter. Instead he leaves the country and is silent, making Donaire look even worse.
              and he should have the heat on him this is MP_FMW all over again but on a smaller scale because there isnt a widescale interest and skip bayless isnt talking about

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo
                Quote:

Originally Posted by NearHypnos

and he should have the heat on him this is MP_FMW all over again but on a smaller scale because there isnt a widescale interest and skip bayless isnt talking about

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                X