US Senate halts F-22 Raptor production

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Senate halts F-22 Raptor production

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07...ancels_raptor/

Big mistake in my opinion. This fighter jet is nothing short of a modern day wonder. It capabilities is astonishing. Even through a time of great economic turmoil it would be best to sure up your military. It was WW2 that got us out of the last financial crisis and this can easily happen again, a nuclearized Korean peninsula, Iran and Israel and China emerging as a global superpower. It would have been smarter to pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan and used more spending on research and development. Even I dislike America’s foreign policy I would rather have them as Number one superpower instead of China or Russia.

less govt spending is a good thing!

Comment

haha. you guys are broke.

join the club.

Comment

F-22 Raptor owes me 500k

Comment

^

Comment

don't worry china will copy and mass produce them at a cheaper price anytime soon..

Comment

Damn, just when I got my 7 million Pepsi points!

Comment

What's this fighter going to be used for? I mean you already have air superiority over everyone in the world, nobody has the technology or the economy to make anything that's going to come close to your existing fighters and let's face it, air superiority fighters are of dubious value nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                  What's this fighter going to be used for? I mean you already have air superiority over everyone in the world, nobody has the technology or the economy to make anything that's going to come close to your existing fighters and let's face it, air superiority fighters are of dubious value nowadays.
                  Area 51 .........

Comment

Personally, I think it's the wrong program to cut. Better cuts in American defense spending would be pulling back our troops from overseas (UK, Germany, Japan etc. for starters then expand to Iraq, France, Afghanistan, Italy). The US spends over $1,000,000,000,000 every year on overseas bases alone.

It can no longer police the world, the country is broke.

Comment

Working...
                    X