Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.S. Senate Passes $838 Billion Stimulus Bill. How do you feel?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its a horrible bill. In the long term they have doomed our countries economy.

I will tell you a quick story about one of the few things I remember from college. I took a Macro-Economics class (very boring class) and we learned about Keynesian theory, which is what this bill is based on. In a nutshell its about government spending and running deficets in the short term not being a bad thing. So the main criticism of these theories was that in the long term they are actually hurtful. Someone once asked Keynes himself about his theories, saying "won't they really comeback to bite us 50 years down the line?" and Keynes was never able to offer a satisfactory defense, instead just saying "In 50 years I will be dead".

Anyway all that this stimulus bill insures is that Senators Snowe, Collins, & Specter will not me getting re-elected.

Comment

I don't give a fuck, it's not like what I think about it will matter.

Comment

Originally posted by PBDS View Post
        ....The stimulus Bill is garbage and 250 economists agreed with me in a full page ad in the New York Times yesterday. We will send this country further into recession with bone head moves like the stimulus bill. Did we learn nothing from the great depression?
        Can I have your part of the money since you think it's dumb then?

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K9 View Post
          Why do you assume you are getting a check in the mail?

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
            the same people that will complain here are the same one that are going to benefits from it. i would like for them to send back the benefit when they get it
            Exactly.... If it's a dumb idea then send your check back to the government. Because one can't say someone will spend it on something stupid when they really don't know what's stupid to that person. Which can be stupid to them on what you're spending it on.

Comment

Coming from you Versy this is a ****ing hoot to me.....

Comment

Exactly.... If it's a dumb idea then send your check back to the government. Because one can't say someone will spend it on something stupid when they really don't know what's stupid to that person. Which can be stupid to them on what you're spending it on.
                You soo have no idea what this bill is do you.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                  Why do you assume you are getting a check in the mail?
                  Cause I did last year?

Comment

You soo have no idea what this bill is do you.
                    I think he is thinking about the Stimulus Checks from 2 years ago.

Comment

Whats really funny is immediately afterwards they were like, oh yeah, we need another TRILLION dollars for the banks...

The Obama administration is going on 3 weeks in office, and they are already up to 2 trillion dollars in spending.

Someone needs to tell these clowns that you can't spend your way out of debt.
                      You need money to make money..plain and simple..the stimulus bill itself is not bad at all..how they distribute most of the money is whats gonna count!..

Comment

Working...
                      X