No announcement yet.

sleep

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sleep

how much do you need to function optimally versus how much you actually get (on average)?

sadly, i function best on 9-10 hours sleep, but usually get 6 hours, and those 6 hours are total. i never get uninterupted sleep. i get up about 4 or 5 times a night.

Originally posted by * Feisty Wench View Post
    how much do you need to function optimally versus how much you actually get (on average)?

sadly, i function best on 9-10 hours sleep, but usually get 6 hours, and those 6 hours are total. i never get uninterupted sleep. i get up about 4 or 5 times a night.
    And thats the KEY.. 6 hours would be OK if it was continuous.. I only have good sleeps when I sleep on the couch because I dont get disturbed..

I am sure with with a partner and NOW a baby.. its torture.. sleep deprivation is one of the worst feelings I can imagine

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
      And thats the KEY.. 6 hours would be OK if it was continuous.. I only have good sleeps when I sleep on the couch because I dont get disturbed..

I am sure with with a partner and NOW a baby.. its torture.. sleep deprivation is one of the worst feelings I can imagine
      the baby wakes up 4 or 5 times a night and my toddler wakes up at least once, so of course they need momma.

one night i was so tired i wanted to cry. i just got the baby settled down, i go to get back in bed and my husband is snoring! he had drank some alcohol and he was OUT. i was so damn mad. lol! instead of doing what i wanted to do (take my legs and push his ass out of the bed), i just slept on the couch.

Comment

Originally posted by * Feisty Wench View Post
        the baby wakes up 4 or 5 times a night and my toddler wakes up at least once, so of course they need momma.

one night i was so tired i wanted to cry. i just got the baby settled down, i go to get back in bed and my husband is snoring! he had drank some alcohol and he was OUT. i was so damn mad. lol! instead of doing what i wanted to do (take my legs and push his ass out of the bed), i just slept on the couch.
        I didnt realise you had a TODDLER also

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
          I didnt realise you had a TODDLER also
          yup. a 3 year old and a 4 month old. they keep me busy

Comment

Most of the time I get 4-5 hours any more then 6 has the opposite effect and makes me feel tired.
            I've seen new studys which suggest that adults need less sleep then what was previously thought.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REAL NINJA View Post
              Most of the time I get 4-5 hours any more then 6 has the opposite effect and makes me feel tired.
              I've seen new studys which suggest that adults need less sleep then what was previously thought.
              when i get a lot of sleep, i feel great! lol!

Comment

I find that, unless Im sick, or had a really long day before, I function best on seven good hours of sleep.

Comment

hm, Im my best on 11 hours.

However I sleep 6 hours on average, which sucks....

The longer I sleep the better I look too. When I wake up at 7am after 6 or so hours of sleep I look like crap...all pale and mashed up.

11hours Im full of colour, face looks full, body looks better/rested...

Dunno if its just me.

Comment

I have sympathy for all of you sleep deprived folks. I went through a period (about 6 months) where I was only getting about 4 hours a night and there were days were I would get no sleep at all, I would have my eyes closed but of course I got no sleep. It is the worst feeling in the world...especially physically.

Comment

Working...
                    X