Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilders "reign", the worst ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
    Oh please. I think you need to buff up on your boxing history I'd you think Wilder is even in the convo for worse reigns.
    Who is?

Ghvfjngjjb

Comment

What reign? He's a title holder trying to work is way to the top.

It's funny how Wilders biggest critics consider him an actual champion while the more level headed folks can actually distinguish between a champion and a title holder.

Comment

Joshua will tear Wilder apart inside a 3 rounds.

Comment

Nah. Povetkin's was worse..

Comment

Not the worst, but seriously bad and appalling

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
              What reign? He's a title holder trying to work is way to the top.

It's funny how Wilders biggest critics consider him an actual champion while the more level headed folks can actually distinguish between a champion and a title holder.
              This. Nobody (well except for Teddy Atlas I believe) has Wilder on p4p lists, or considers him a real champion.

He's an ABC titleholder. There's like dozens of them currently. He had a good win v. Stiverne. He was willing to fight Pov in Russia, which I respect. Other than that, yeah his resume is meh.

He does need to tighten up his technique. Right now, the top dogs at HW will beat him IMO. I would probably have picked Pov to beat him, although Pov has a unique ability to turn fights where he should win into competitive ones.

We'll see w/ Wilder. He doesnt really deserve to have showcases televised on premium cable, but boxing loves American HWs, even if they arent world beaters.

Comment

Fury was the only man who had a chance to beat him, using his awkward style, feints, and boxing ability.

But now Fury has blown it and become a fat drunkard.

Nobody can stop the Bronze Bomber.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  I think it's good that they recognize he needs work. TS must have never accomplished anything big in his life. You aren't always ready when opportunity comes, but a guy like Wilder goes for it anyway and improves as he goes. Bravo to him, even if he needs work. I'm sure he'd love to fight Fury. Give him the opportunity to fail, then go ahead and mock him if that's how you get your kicks. Making multiple hate threads about a guy who was ballsy enough to go to Russia for his mandatory just makes you look like an angry, small minded person.
                  People acting like it's Wilder's fault that fighters are failing PED tests for their scheduled fights with him. Povetkin would've been his best win but you get the feeling like even though Povetkin is a serial PED user, he still gets a pass. If it was Wilder who was failing PED tests we all know Wilder would never hear the end of it. I remember seeing posters calling Wilder a coward for not fighting Povetkin following his failed drug test. What a world we live in.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    People acting like it's Wilder's fault that fighters are failing PED tests for their scheduled fights with him. Povetkin would've been his best win but you get the feeling like even though Povetkin is a serial PED user, he still gets a pass. If it was Wilder who was failing PED tests we all know Wilder would never hear the end of it. I remember seeing posters calling Wilder a coward for not fighting Povetkin following his failed drug test. What a world we live in.
                    No but people acting like Wilder's whole 2 year+ reign of fighting crap opposition is solely down to one pullout from Povetkin is a damn joke.

Wilder has had 2 years to fight someone with a pulse and has yet to do so. He's had 5-6 fights. Povetkin was scheduled ONCE.

Comment

BTW, yes it's been a weak run, absolutely. Hopefully he steps up soon. Maybe Povetkin will stop roiding and they can fight. I think Wilder can redeem himself if he fights the winner of Wlad-Joshua, which I think is very likely. In the meantime Pulev or Ortiz would've been nice though.

Comment

Working...
                      X