Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What PPV's didn't do as well as they were projected to do due to May/Pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    Continuing to Blame Mayweather vs Pacquiao is a JOKE if anything only Oscar and GBP took advantage of the extra attention boxing was getting during that ERA and GBP while working with Mayweather got Canelo in the Middle of it and because of that Canelo is current the biggest Draw in Boxing compared to the REST still trying to build names for themselves with Casual Fight Fans

Also lack of unity if boxing, can they come together to at least make a great BOXING GAME with at least most of the Current fighters signed up to be on it, that is how you Top into that Young and most Important Demographic not with Radio Commercials and being on Network TV but Ironically something as SIMPLY as a great Video Game yearly can help make the sport popular!

I do think UFC Video Games even though it is not good, it has been a MAJOR Marketing tool for that to tap into that most Important Demographic. I don't know WTF Boxing is doing! Stop blaming Mayweather and Pacquiao, Arum did a Masterful Job Promoting Pacquiao and yes absolutely he used Mayweather and Mayweather did a Masterful Job Marketing himself to a younger Demographic by doing with with the WWE

Mayweather use to go on ESPN, Mayweather had CLASSIC Moments with Brian Kenny on ESPN, Pacquiao use to go on Jimmy Kimmel, who is doing that currently in boxing? NOBODY! You wanna know truly has CROSS OVER SUPERSTAR POTENTIAL? It is Anthony Joshua actually because I think Eddie Hearn and his team do a great job of Marketing him and they have yet to even bring him to the States yet but he is already doing spots like this:

THIS is how you develop Superstars, clearly Hearn gets that but the American Promoter, Managers, Advisers or whatever you call them DON'T then the Jealous American Fighters cry about how everybody is against them and how they don't get the same blah blah blah well get off your ass, make some NOISE show some personality I like what Andrade been doing the last couple of week showing up to boxing events calling out the Charlo Brothers and continuing to call them out on Social Media

Wilder should be doing what joshua is doing

Comment

Working...
    X