Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the closest fighter ever to being perfect?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Street View Post
    Robinson without a doubt but there's someone notable that's AWOL from the list that might have gotten my ballot: Ricardo Lopez

just maybe.

Robinson was tested to show his full potential and shined. Lopez was so dominant and talented that no one ever brought out the best in him
    Rosendo Alvarez put Lopez in hell in their first fight.

Comment

• Leonard. He beat ATG in more ways than anyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        why are people saying RJJ or Lopez? Were those guys ever tested against truly great fighters while the fighters were in their prime? How do we know how good they really were?

Based on attributes (tested against the best), how can there really be an answer beyond Ali or Robinson. Both guys had tremendous speed, both were athletic, ATG chins, punch selection, punch accuracy, power (people underrate Ali's punch power) and both were pleasing on the eye in different ways. Robinson was so fluid in attack, Ali so brilliant in defense. Both guys had their mettle tested against the very best.

Leonard, Hagler, Armstrong and possibly Pep are runners up.
        i fully agree with you on this one....

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
          Prime Roy Jones
          Beat me to it.

He had a lethal combo of skill, speed and strength.

Comment

• Originally posted by tangalog2200 View Post
            i fully agree with you on this one....
            It's not even rocket science. RJJ being mentioned is a joke.

Comment

It's not even rocket science. RJJ being mentioned is a joke.
              ali on his casius clay days was really awesome....

no one compares with him....to this day....

Comment

ali on his casius clay days was really awesome....

no one compares with him....to this day....
                Ali was far superior as Ali, you have your dates severely messed up, plus we shouldn't even be using the name he no longer wanted to be known as.

Comment

Ali was far superior as Ali, you have your dates severely messed up, plus we shouldn't even be using the name he no longer wanted to be known as.
                  you may have a point about the name.....as ali surely loved the name ali....

but we will not have the complete picture of the man if we throw out his early years in boxing....

i prefer the younger version of the man as the topic is about attributes....not accomplishments....i respect your view, though....as we are but talking about the greatest....greatest in his younger years and as ali...

cheers!

Comment

• Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                    mayweather and lopez. perfect styles, perfect records
                    Thsts arguable.

Floyds competition wasnt exactly the best.
                    Lots of calculated matchmaking. Never beat a prime hall of famer at his best.

Lopez fought everyone he could. But not many great fighters.

Leonard , and srr obviously had the best competition and attributes. Duran as well

Comment

you may have a point about the name.....as ali surely loved the name ali....

but we will not have the complete picture of the man if we throw out his early years in boxing....

i prefer the younger version of the man as the topic is about attributes....not accomplishments....i respect your view, though....as we are but talking about the greatest....greatest in his younger years and as ali...

cheers!
                      But you're still confused. A prime Ali went by the name Muhammad Ali, from 1964 to his suspension, that was his absolute prime and he was not called clay then.

Comment

Working...
                      X