No announcement yet.

Artur Szpilka vs. Deontay Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JRB123 View Post
    I agree with every part of this, and it's the reason why I can't say Wilder is the best heavyweight out there. He still looks amateurish in the ring.
    Very.

I won't ever deny he's exciting, I love watching him fight. But skill wise? Guys like Fury and Ortiz run circles around him.

Comment

• Me and a few friends came to the conclusion that Gennady could have beaten Wilder on Saturday night. Golovkin is way better and hits harder than Arthur. Remember, Gennady spars and KOs HEAVYWEIGHTS. I would love to see Gennady catch a HW belt before retiring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
        Me and a few friends came to the conclusion that Gennady could have beaten Wilder on Saturday night. Golovkin is way better and hits harder than Arthur. Remember, Gennady spars and KOs HEAVYWEIGHTS. I would love to see Gennady catch a HW belt before retiring.
        You mean you and a few guys on NSB ? You don't have friends, guys like you can't.

If light heavy Kovalev hit GGG he'd be asleep, hence why he wants Kovalev to take care of Ward so he can get some sleep. If Wilder hit him flush, he'd kill the midget.

Wilder vs Charlie Zelenoff would be more competitive.

Comment

• [QUOTE=-Ziggy-;16399839]You mean you and a few guys on NSB ? You don't have friends, guys like you can't.

If light heavy Kovalev hit GGG he'd be asleep, hence why he wants Kovalev to take care of Ward so he can get some sleep. If Wilder hit him flush, he'd kill the midget.

Wilder vs Charlie Zelenoff would be more competitive.[/QUOTE]

To the untrained eye it looked at one point that Charlie had conceded the fight, only to have him leap up from the prone position and just....barely, ever so slightly touch the exterior of Deontay's extended arm...all the while pretending it was a handshake. Well, according to the rules of that organization, Charlie touched him so remains the champ. Charlie is presently scouting for a rematch with Wilder but is having problems securing a gym with more than 2 entrances required, so he can run away.

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
            Those are also overlooking Artur as a southpaw....I never got the impression Wilder wanted a fast stoppage anyway...... footwork was also much better though clashing with Arturs own lead foot,his overall balance for 9 rnds was improved...hes a slow learner but every fight hes improved in another way...these are the little things you guys are not seeing....don't hold your breath on the fury ring entrance either Wlad motivated equals better than those guys levels ....so come on attack now....you guys know its true until actually a liove wlad shows up....at the end of the day wilder is always a threat...how much against either is still unknown.
            his punching form has improved dramatically. His straight right off the jab is very well done, he really gets his weight into it and is well balanced. He has to get out of the habit of stopping to admire his work and finish the opponent.

I had posted some time ago that he improved...Its fairly obvious to me. But hes got a lot of work to do! Spilka should not be backing this man up! Wilder is easy to discourage that way. he has to become a ruthless finisher. I actually think studying tape of Louis would do him well. Deontay wants to have power in the bank and stalk his man relentlessly until the opponent tires and gets careless.

Thing is, while his bombs have been what people like...at the level of comp he will be facing his straight right should become his money punch. Those bombs are too easy to avoid.

Comment

• Where the hell was Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs on Saturday night? I was expecting him to come down from the rafters like Sting used to do in the WCW days during the Wilder/Fury in-ring confrontation.

Comment

• Showtime might've shot themselves in the foot from their extensive lay-off from boxing int he first 3/4 of 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                  Showtime might've shot themselves in the foot from their extensive lay-off from boxing int he first 3/4 of 2015

Going against playoff football is a *****, it is even worse when it is a crazy OT game. Makes sense that the last segment was the biggest because that was after

Comment

• Originally posted by La_Vibora View Post
                    Where the hell was Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs on Saturday night? I was expecting him to come down from the rafters like Sting used to do in the WCW days during the Wilder/Fury in-ring confrontation.
                    He couldnt afford the bus ticket to the stadium

Comment

• Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
                      Good win by Wilder. He has showed some good qualities in these last few fights. Most, if not every heavyweight would have had trouble with Szpilka's movement and style that was shown in this fight. Wilder was trying too hard for an early knockout so he made a few clumsy moves and looked bad but that happens to the best of fighters if they're impatient. Szpilka was very good defensively and took a few really big shots very well.

After round 6 or 7 you could see Szpilka was starting to gas. Wilder was pretty reckless the first 3 or 4 rounds but he settled down and stopped trying to rush the knock out. Szpilka was gassing and Wilder started using his jab and waiting for a big counter opportunity. The result was a good knockout by Wilder. Just because he didn't look as coordinated as a ballerina doesn't mean he did a bad job. If you have an awkward opponent you can't look perfect. Can't believe I'm defending Wilder but the hate is just ridiculous. He did well in this fight and so did Szpilka ...aside from gassing and getting caught with a big shot.
                      I was impressed with Szpilka that night but I disagree with this completely. Ortiz, Fury, Haye, Wlad, Povetkin all take him out earlier.

Not taking away from Wilders win or Szpilkas performance, but all the aforementioned boxers are on a much higher level and are faster, and more experienced.

Comment

Working...
                      X