Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much of a chance do you give Lamont Peterson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
    Do you give him no chance at all?
    no chance at all. It isn't a competitive fight. Peterson is so inactive. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't even go 6 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
      Ive always liked this dude. But his age and the fact that he is moving up in weight against a young killer sounds like bad news. The odds are stacked against him and i dont give him much of a chance. Best scenario is him putting up a little fight and going 12.

Then look for everybody to call Spence overrated lol.

But who knows. Peterson has nothing to lose here and fighters like that can be very dangerous.

Spence has everything to lose here.
      It’s kinda a no win situation for Spence, everyone is expecting him to look impressive and pretty much obliterate Peterson.
      Lamont is pretty cagey fighter, he can fight on the inside and out, has decent footwork, knows how survive and spoil almost.
      But I agree Spence is the much more physically imposing fighter and I think it’s a case of Spence is too young, too strong, too fresh for a now aging Peterson. I think Spence will break him down and stop him in the late to mid rounds but I wouldn’t be massively surprised if he takes him out early like Matthysse did.

Comment

peterson gots a little jump in his walk after a lot of people said he beat garcia maybe enough to give him some early momentum and after seeing how spence was easily getting connected by brook early on could see lamont having some success in first 4 rds or so but after hes gone cant get out my head that awful exibition against mathysse he didnt even try in that fight he looked like a simple keep buys opponent for lucas and believe he held a strap at the time he definately didnt behave like a champ there.

Comment

This won't tell us anything about how good Spence really is. It's a mismatch. Getting tired of these mismatches in boxing. Spence, move up and look for challenges. Fight Jermell, Hurd, Canelo, GGG. Peterson is a waste of time.

I'm a Spence fan and don't care much for Peterson, but I'll be rooting for the big upset.
          Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 01-06-2018, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
            This won't tell us anything about how good Spence really is. It's a mismatch. Getting tired of these mismatches in boxing. Spence, move up and look for challenges. Fight Jermell, Hurd, Canelo, GGG. Peterson is a waste of time.

I'm a Spence fan and don't care much for Peterson, but I'll be rooting for the big upset.
            Wait, what? Lol
            You want him to jump 2 weight classes and fight title holders there? He's not even defended his current title or even unified there. I'm not big on this fight but you're talking about some crazy leaps there. Give the kid a little time to be a WW champ.

Comment

I give him a chance, he has to fight the perfect fight!

Smother Spence's work and land hard body shots while eliminating as much return fire as he can!

Out jab him from the outside with his speed and pick shots intelligently and stay on the move!

Clinch whenever possible, make it an ugly dog fight and hope it makes Errol uncomfortable!

Comment

Slim to fckn none. This is a filler fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Wait, what? Lol
                  You want him to jump 2 weight classes and fight title holders there? He's not even defended his current title or even unified there. I'm not big on this fight but you're talking about some crazy leaps there. Give the kid a little time to be a WW champ.
                  But, Redd, he's better than the rest at welter, and we always hear how nobody wants to fight him. Why waste his time fighting worthless competition?

I don't wanna what happened to GGG happen to Spence, for lack of comp at his division. That's why many, including myself, were pushing GGG to fight Ward.

Well, I think Spence is that good. He'll be 30 before we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                    But, Redd, he's better than the rest at welter, and we always hear how nobody wants to fight him. Why waste his time fighting worthless competition?

I don't wanna what happened to GGG happen to Spence, for lack of comp at his division. That's why many, including myself, were pushing GGG to fight Ward.

Well, I think Spence is that good. He'll be 30 before we know it.
                    I respect your opinion. I just think he's got plenty on his plate now (Thurman, Crawford, Porter) and after that, 154 is still a solid division before any MW business.
                    I agree, he's a great talent. But, I'm not even sure he gets through Crawford so there's still business for him to take care of.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      I respect your opinion. I just think he's got plenty on his plate now (Thurman, Crawford, Porter) and after that, 154 is still a solid division before any MW business.
                      I agree, he's a great talent. But, I'm not even sure he gets through Crawford so there's still business for him to take care of.
                      Spence-Crawford will never happen for a couple of years at least- if ever. Maybe when they are past their primes and Crawford leaves Arum.

Thurman doesn't want anything to do with Spence. He might make excuses to vacate before he takes that fight. Thurman won't fight Spence till 2019, or ever, if he can help it.

The rest of the welters is a waste of time.

That's my opinion. I hope I'm very wrong on this one. I don't want us looking back in a few years and saying, "Damn, what if Spence....."
                      Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 01-06-2018, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X