No announcement yet.

someone explain to me again why a 25 year old kid,

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
    some worthless fights are a necessary evil....guys cant just go back to back to back against A level competition...just doesnt happen much anymore

and as i mentioned...what would the rush for a guy as young and as popular as canelo, post cotto, to fight a guy who is clear b-side and has a weak resume? i think both sides are happy now with how things turned out
    it worked out well for both sides, but less so for the fans. one worthless fight in between would have been sufficient...we didn't need 3 when there was only one fight everyone wanted to see.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
      it worked out well for both sides, but less so for the fans. one worthless fight in between would have been sufficient...we didn't need 3 when there was only one fight everyone wanted to see.
      like i said bro.....ggg could have fought ward...instead he skipped out on that to chase a fight with canelo...more money fighting canelo and less likely to take an L

canelo was 25!!! 25!!! and he got a few nice paydays while building up a good sized one for golovkin....thats just as smart.....canelo is still just 27.....obviously hes not a pup anymore but hes still young.....its golovkin and his fans that were in a rush for this because they needed it more

Comment

it also made sense for cotto and canelo to fight once cotto got the belt...and it made sense for canelo to fight a guy like khan and let a fight with ggg build ......yet everyone called them both cowards for it while they pretended ggg/brook was some last minute accident.....

you feel me?

if ggg fans were honest with themselves and stopped mocking every other fighter who makes a business decision...theyd prob get less flak
        The Khan fight no, but the Canelo-Cotto yes. It was unfortunate that GGG had been the best middleweight for a while and that Martinez sought out Cotto who sought out GGG but I understand the business of those moves.

I think the major problem was Canelo "calling out" GGG only to fight Khan and then Smith. That was a GBP move because Canelo I'm sure was fine taking the fight as I am sure most fighters are fine taking on challenges. Some people didn't interpret it that way but both sides are too one-sided in their assessments.

Anyway, completely over all the bickering and crying about GGG from both sides. We can talk about him again next April/May.

Comment

like i said bro.....ggg could have fought ward...instead he skipped out on that to chase a fight with canelo...more money fighting canelo and less likely to take an L

canelo was 25!!! 25!!! and he got a few nice paydays while building up a good sized one for golovkin....thats just as smart.....canelo is still just 27.....obviously hes not a pup anymore but hes still young.....its golovkin and his fans that were in a rush for this because they needed it more
          I don't really care about how canelo's career is moved and who the b side is and all that...I just wanna see the best fight the best. canelo was a mw champion, he needed to fight mws or vacate. I would have had no problem with him saying he was gonna continue fighting at 154...but he avoided top competition there too. I would have had no problem with ggg vs ward at 168 or a cw either...but realistically, it should have been a moot point if the canelo fight didn't take so long to make. when fights like that aren't made in a timely fashion, we're usually left with trash in between, and this case was no exception...at least we got ggg vs Jacobs anyway.

Comment

You kids are lame quit giving that ***** props for surviving. Last time I checked the goal was to win the fight.

Comment

who had fought welters/jr mw's and already been in big ppv events, was supposed to be in a hurry or rush to fight a 33 year old guy with a lackluster ppv under his belt against a guy that lost to joachime alcine and marco rubio?

i dont get it guys...i still see golovkin fanboys running around here talkin bout canelo waiting ggg out and waitin for him to show signs of rust

what was he supposed to do ? fight golovkin 5 years ago too? lolol...

its just sad....i aint even gonna bash golovkin...but yall ran around here swearing canelo bout to get his career, life etc. ended....and golovkin couldnt even convincingly beat a guy floyd whitewashed......cmon guys...get a grip and realize golovkin is a real good fighter...he just aint great like yall wanted him to be
              I just don't know why you can't see that the 25 year old, superstar, in he's prime, shouldn't have convincingly beaten a 35 year old as in almost every other similar situation in boxing history when a young star has he's big night against an aging older champion. And you don't have to be Robinson himself to be great. Being the best middle in the world is a good start, especially when your career isn't done yet despite your age. As for Floyd, styles make fights, but your not saying a 152 lb much more inexperienced Canelo is equivalent to today's version are you? Btw, I don't remember anyone calling for the fight five years ago, all people expected Saul to do was defend he's title like a champion should.

Comment

its typical delusional behavior for golovkin fanboys to assume all his critics are black males with racial motivations...its simply not true..im a white male in my mid 30's....i have respect for kovalev and loma....i dont bash them or knock them...they have earned respect

golovkin has taken the safe route aside from beating up C/B- level mws....his resume stinks and he hasnt proven himself to be the world beater hbo and his team made him out to be

it has nothing to do with race...its sad and pathetic that you cant see the actual reason...but its most likely because you need something to believe in and live through
                Both things can be true. Every Golovkin critic isn't due to bigotry. However there is also a racial element to the hate Golovkin gets IMO. The man himself, I don't see why he generates any hate.

I do believe and have seen that Europeans and much more so Eastern Europeans, who are a lot of his fans and are on social media, have much more racism in their cultures. They do tend to be more racist. This isn't new, you see it in soccer stadiums to this day.

There has been legit racist and bigoted comments against Floyd and Ward. That isn't too say however every critic is a racist when they are critical of either guy. I do feel that a lot of the animosity from blacks towards Golovkin is a backlash against the racism they've experienced whether real or not against black fighters.

So yes there are totally valid criticisms of Golovkin, just like any fighter. I don't agree with everything you are saying about Golovkin but I'm not chalking it up to racism. There comes a point though when you know it is no longer rationale criticism. There are times when you sense that the motives have a racial component, and they don't need to say I hate X person because of the color of their skin or where they are from.

Comment

IMO the hate for GGG comes down to his resume and all the praise he receives. Its hard to rank him with the greats in MW history based on who he's fought. I agree, MW has been weak in his reign. But the only 160lb guy that ducked him was Sergio Martinez. With that being said, he would be receiving praise from all if he would have moved up to 168 to fight ward or new competition and challenge himself at 168. Also everybody wants the money fight against mayweather, and GGG was willing to cut weight and fight him at 154lb.....but not the other legit fighters at that weight. To me, it was his stubborn mentality of not moving up or catchweight fights.

Look at Loma, his resume isn't spectacular. But everyone loves him bc he actively moves up to fight the best or next level of competition once fighters in his current weight duck him, contract negotiations break down, with a rival promoter, etc. Loma doesn't care about giving up 15+ lbs in weight the night of the fight.

All the greats have challenged themselves and moved up if needed.

Comment

who had fought welters/jr mw's and already been in big ppv events, was supposed to be in a hurry or rush to fight a 33 year old guy with a lackluster ppv under his belt against a guy that lost to joachime alcine and marco rubio?

i dont get it guys...i still see golovkin fanboys running around here talkin bout canelo waiting ggg out and waitin for him to show signs of rust

what was he supposed to do ? fight golovkin 5 years ago too? lolol...

its just sad....i aint even gonna bash golovkin...but yall ran around here swearing canelo bout to get his career, life etc. ended....and golovkin couldnt even convincingly beat a guy floyd whitewashed......cmon guys...get a grip and realize golovkin is a real good fighter...he just aint great like yall wanted him to be
                    I've seen enough of your posts to know you aren't a real boxing fan. So it probably means nothing to you that GGG was the mandatory challenger for Canelo's WBC title and that Canelo gave an undertaking to fight Golovkin next before he won that title from Cotto.

"Bring the gloves .. I'll fight him now" Remember that?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      I've seen enough of your posts to know you aren't a real boxing fan. So it probably means nothing to you that GGG was the mandatory challenger for Canelo's WBC title and that Canelo gave an undertaking to fight Golovkin next before he won that title from Cotto.

"Bring the gloves .. I'll fight him now" Remember that?
                      Oh im def a real boxing fan...which is why i give every guy a chance to win me as a fan....thats why kovalev and loma have won me over yet golovkin hasnt.....

so canelo said he would fight golovkin next? andddd maybe his promoter decided they wanted to milk some money out of canelo and make the fight when canelo was 27 years old? is that a crime? ...its probably the same reason loeffler replied back in a half hour saying no to ward without saying hed check with golovkin first....lol

its all smart business and just makes sense when it applies to golovkin.......did ggg not get the canelo fight? he got it...it was just wasnt on the timeframe he or his fanboys wanted....but he got it.....its not canelos fault he didnt end it the way yall have dreamed of every single night for the last couple of years

Comment

Working...
                      X