Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing fans, explain mcgregors early success?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LittleLucy View Post
    the truth is

Mcgregor was actually winning until he gassed out
    when he did
    thats when Floyd actually started to land
    which was right after the fourth

lol
    TBE
    LOL
    Just stop it with the trolling. Conor won 1 round maybe 2 if you're being generous, and only because Floyd let him punch himself out in the early rounds knowing his only chance was to catch him early. Floyd was landing whenever he let his hands go, but he wanted to be careful early because that was the only time McNugget could've caught him. So he let Conor expand all his energy early and then beat the hell out of him late. Floyd could've stopped him at any point between rounds 5 and 10 but you could see he wanted to prolong the beating and embarrass him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
      Just stop it with the trolling. Conor won 1 round maybe 2 if you're being generous, and only because Floyd let him punch himself out in the early rounds knowing his only chance was to catch him early. Floyd was landing whenever he let his hands go, but he wanted to be careful early because that was the only time McNugget could've caught him. So he let Conor expand all his energy early and then beat the hell out of him late. Floyd could've stopped him at any point between rounds 5 and 10 but you could see he wanted to prolong the beating and embarrass him.
      the first four rounds clearly went to Connor
      be realistic

for the first four rounds only one person was making clear contact and that was Connor.

if you refuse to admit that
      than clearly you're emotionally attached to Floyd..
      After the fourth round connor ran out of steam and floyd started to land and win rounds...

Connor did a lot better than most people expected, be honest...

Comment

be realistic

for the first four rounds only one person was making clear contact and that was Connor.

After the fourth round connor ran out of steam and floyd started to land and win rounds...

Because Floyd let him look good on purpose.

Floyd threw 6 punches in round 1, 10 or 12 punches in round 2 and round 3. Not to mention in the rounds Conor "won" he did literally no damage to Mayweather whatsoever. Even his famed uppercut that he landed was a pillow punch that had no effect at all.

Suddenly in round 4 onward Floyd was throwing 30-60 punches per round and beat Conor's ass because Floyd started trying.

Conor won the rounds that Floyd intentionally let him win. Let's be real and not pretend like Conor did anything special at all.

Go rewatch the fight, it's obvious. If you refuse to admit that, clearly you're emotionally attached to Conor

Comment

be realistic

The only thing you're right about is Conor doing better than expected. Conor won the first 2 rounds at the most. People just got excited because he was throwing lots of punches but the reality is that hardly any of them were landing. Floyd even admitted after the first that he wanted to let Conor wear himself out in the first 2-3 rounds then dominate him later which is what he did after the first 2-3 rounds. Of which I gave Conor 1, maybe 2. You gotta be an MMA fan or just a flat-out idiot if you think it was close. Floyd was literally knocking him around the ring as early as the 5th and 6th rounds and could've stopped him then if he wanted to.

Even the British commentators and well-known Mayweather hater Dan Rafael had him dominating the fight. Close fight? 4 rounds? Mayweather dominated the fight.

Last edited by JK1700; 08-28-2017, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• Am I the only one that felt Mayweather wouldn't have knocked him out? 11th and 12th wouldn't have went any different. I'm a fan but this is getting crazy. You can't just tell me when i was going to get stopped."I stopped it for you safety". Mcgregor was fine, but tired. Let him try. These ref stoppages are killing me. I'm sure Mcgregor had pints of beer that hit him harder than Mayweather. You don't last call with 6 minutes plus left. I'm just sayin

Comment

• Floyd was gauging his rhythm and distance. He was applying pressure, while also landing a few sneaky shots upstairs, but most importantly, he was putting in work to the body, to gas him around the 5th and 6th. Once he realized Conor's pace, and snap on his punches were dropping, he went into full, in his chest, mode, and the KO was inevitable from the 6th round, on.

He delivered on his promise, and really did go on attack mode from the jump, and made it as entertaining as possible. Some would argue he carried Conor for the first 4, but I wouldn't go that far. I just think he was analyzing, and chipping away at him, little by little, then when it was evident his gas tank was way bigger, he was like a shark seeing blood in the water.

Comment

• Conor won the 1st 2 rounds, and you could give him the 3rd too. The 4th round wasn't close, Mayweather easily won that round as well as all the rest of the rounds. 9 was a 10-8 round.

Comment

Working...
                X